Thoughts on Lunardi's latest Bracketology

That's it? That's the best you can do? Pick the best win off of Butler's schedule and then pick a game off of FL's schedule and compare the two opponents? Well, hell -- we better get a #2 seed because with wins over Kansas and Kentucky we should be able to trump anyone else with the 2 game comparison approach.

Florida may not be a really good team, but whatever you may call them, with wins tomorrow and Friday, one thing they will be is an NCAA Tournament team.

You can also call them a first weekend/first round and done team should they make the NCAA's, whereas Butler is likely to see the second weekend.

Well, let's see. Since Mid-December Florida has lost to probable #1 seed Syracuse on a neutral floor by 12, lost to RPI #24 Richmond by 3 points on a neutral floor, lost at home to Richmond, lost at Vandy by 8 (not many teams did very well in Memorial this year), lost to KY at home by 12 (only USC and UT beat KY this season), lost at UT by 1 point, lost at USC (so did KY), lost to RPI #21 Xavier, and lost at UGA by 2 points (we got smoked in Athens), lost to Vandy at home (so did we) and lost at KY in a closer game than we played KY.

Florida may not be a really good team, but whatever you may call them, with wins tomorrow and Friday, one thing they will be is an NCAA Tournament team.
You act as if that's some grand accomplishment this year. I'm just glad teams like Florida are as bad as they are. That should kill all the idiotic talk about expanding the field.

That's it? That's the best you can do? Pick the best win off of Butler's schedule and then pick a game off of FL's schedule and compare the two opponents? Well, hell -- we better get a #2 seed because with wins over Kansas and Kentucky we should be able to trump anyone else with the 2 game comparison approach.
Keep trying to pass Florida off as anything but the trash they are. When they get annihilated in the tournament, you can go find MikeHamiltonFraud and console him.

They certainly won't be as fired up as Butler to play the 3-4 "big schools" they play each year.

The problem Butler will have starting next week, is that they will be playing a big school that is seeded lower than them. Nor will they get to play them at home in the "biggest game in Butler history". And they'll be playing them in March, not December.

Oh, and for the "they beat Ohio State" faction -- might want to check that box score. Want to guess who did NOT play in that game for Ohio State. Any wild guess? Hint -- he has something in common with John Wall.

They certainly won't be as fired up as Butler to play the 3-4 "big schools" they play each year.

The problem Butler will have starting next week, is that they will be playing a big school that is seeded lower than them. Nor will they get to play them at home in the "biggest game in Butler history". And they'll be playing them in March, not December.

Oh, and for the "they beat Ohio State" faction -- might want to check that box score. Want to guess who did NOT play in that game for Ohio State. Any wild guess? Hint -- he has something in common with John Wall.

Evan Turner is ineligible too? :eek:hmy:

Seeing as Butler regularly beats top-flight competition that they face, I'm sure they'll be plenty motivated to play.

Keep passing off Florida and other large schools as better than Butler if you must, but Butler is a legitimate Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight team.

Pretty sure blowing Rick Pitino's Louisville team out to get to the Sweet 16 was Butler's biggest game ever, but thanks for playing.

The problem Butler will have starting next week, is that they will be playing a big school that is seeded lower than them.
I bet they are just petrified of the prospect of playing a middle of the road team from a trash league like the SEC.

"Regularly beats top-flight competition"?

What I will do is keep offering up facts. You can keep offering up generalizations.

If Florida had played Ohio State at home without Evan Turner, Florida probably would have beaten them as well. After all, Michigan beat OSU during that stretch without Turner as well.

"Regularly beats top-flight competition"?

What I will do is keep offering up facts. You can keep offering up generalizations.

If Florida had played Ohio State at home without Evan Turner, Florida probably would have beaten them as well. After all, Michigan beat OSU during that stretch without Turner as well.

Yes, because OSU is just so awful without Turner :crazy:

I would think you take away a Player of the Year candidate from his team and they might suffer a tad.

And they did. But to say that Evan Turner not playing is the reason that they lost to Butler is absurd.

You mean the same L'ville team that lost to 16-13 NIT one and done Depaul a few games before that and got crushed 101 to 80 at 17-12 one and done Cinncy that year. Perhaps that was Butler's biggest win ever -- that's why they're Butler and folks have to say winning over an OSU team without college basketball's best player on the court proves how great they are.

Thanks for letting me play.

Absurd? So if Lebron doesn't play in Cleveland's next game and they lose, it is absurd to say him not playing is why they lost?

Honestly, you should stop shoveling.

And they did. But to say that Evan Turner not playing is the reason that they lost to Butler is absurd.

Do you think Butler still would have beat them if Turner had played? They only beat them by 8 at home.

Oh come on. OSU was great without Oden, Memphis was great without Rose, Kansas was great without....:confused:

This thread's title is false advertising.

I can't believe some people still dismiss Butler...

You mean the same L'ville team that lost to 16-13 NIT one and done Depaul a few games before that and got crushed 101 to 80 at 17-12 one and done Cinncy that year. Perhaps that was Butler's biggest win ever -- that's why they're Butler and folks have to say winning over an OSU team without college basketball's best player on the court proves how great they are.

Thanks for letting me play.
No problem. You appear to fall in with the rest of the Pearl honks in failing to realize that winning in March is what matters. Those victories over Kansas and Kentucky and 75 cents will get you a USA Today starting a week from tomorrow.

Absurd? So if Lebron doesn't play in Cleveland's next game and they lose, it is absurd to say him not playing is why they lost?

Honestly, you should stop shoveling.

Only fans use a player not playing as an excuse for a loss. Thanks for playing.

I guess you aren't going to quit shoveling. I can't believe Turner is even considered for player of the year in CBB if he is so irrelevant to his team's success.

I'm going to sit out now so that you can play my team without its best poster. You can crow after you win.;)

I guess you aren't going to quit shoveling. I can't believe Turner is even considered for player of the year in CBB if he is so irrelevant to his team's success.

I'm going to sit out now so that you can play my team without its best poster. You can crow after you win.;)

Point out to me where I said that Turner was irrelevant to his team's success.

When did we last play and beat Butler? Was that in July?
Yeah, Butler looked flat terrified taking the vaunted "Bruce Pearl was #1 for an hour and a half" team to overtime in Birmingham. They looked even more scared while they were kicking the living Hell out of UT the year before at MSG.

VN Store

Back