Those Bashing Dooley

Dooley has provin himself/coaching staff "can NOT" get the job done. They have led this team, and program away from what TENN. football was. For that off with his head. Hes no SEC material.

Reactions: 1 person
This team didn't "quit". That is just a bull**** way for so called fans to be able to attack their team without feeling like they are fairweather fans.

Was it Dooleys fault Bray couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight? Was it Dooleys fault Hunter and CP dropped passes? Was it Dooleys fault the D was gased cause our offense couldnt convert in the 2nd half? Our boys were off tonight and too many of you are just too F***in stupid to just support our guys and move on! The players did not execute and we lost!!

Theres a long way to go. Learn from it and move on. It pains me that so many Vol fans are F***in retards!

Flame away!!!!

I see where you are coming from, but YES it was Dooley's fault we were not better prepared!!!!
BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!

Was it Dooleys fault Bray couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight? Was it Dooleys fault Hunter and CP dropped passes? Was it Dooleys fault the D was gased cause our offense couldnt convert in the 2nd half? Our boys were off tonight and too many of you are just too F***in stupid to just support our guys and move on! The players did not execute and we lost!!

Theres a long way to go. Learn from it and move on. It pains me that so many Vol fans are F***in retards!

Flame away!!!!

It's a shame there are still fans who stick up for Dooley, fans who seem to think Dooley could be the answer. People like YOU are what pains ME.

You know what? The fact of the matter is that all those things ARE Dooley's fault, albeit indirectly. Bray sucked because he wasn't ready. Same with the receivers. Everybody panics and loses focus the moment Florida draws even. And oh boy, once we were behind in the 2nd half, that was the ballgame. We practically gave up at that point.

We appear to have learned NOTHING from last year. That falls on the HEAD FOOTBALL COACH, Mr. Derek Dooley. Sorry. All you have to do is watch the players' body language. That will tell you the whole story.

Reactions: 3 people
Vols fans are children. They thought we were ready to win the NC this year. We got beaten by a team with more talent, after we made too many mistakes. To blame it on Dooley is ridiculous. Florida is a better team then they were last year, with much higher ranked recruiting classes. Driskel played great. And no, we didn't just make him look great, he made good throws when needed. The game made me sick to watch, but it was good to see that we are at least back on a similar athletic level. By the way, we fire Dooley, who would want this job, in a poor talent state, with maybe the most unreasonable fans since the Alabama fans of the 90's?

If this is true, then we will never be a better than 7-5 school again.

Getting embarrassed on national TV is what Tennessee has been known for since the early 2000's. This is a fact.

We need someone to change this. IMO, Dooley is not the man to do it.

Dooley has provin himself/coaching staff "can NOT" get the job done. They have led this team, and program away from what TENN. football was. For that off with his head. Hes no SEC material.

Probably the stupidest of all the anti Dooley posts. We were at rock bottom when Dooley got here. If you can't see the difference between the talent we have now and the talent left after Kiffin left, then you should probably stick to softball.

This team didn't "quit". That is just a bull**** way for so called fans to be able to attack their team without feeling like they are fairweather fans.

They made too many mistakes. People saying they quit are dumbasses, plain and simple. Team was fighting, down 7, with 3rd and 9 in the 4th. Sal sent the house and left teague on an island. Lost our safety trying to make a play. Anybody that doesn't think that deflates a team hasn't stepped on a field before.

It's a shame there are still fans who stick up for Dooley, fans who seem to think Dooley could be the answer. People like YOU are what pains ME.

You know what? The fact of the matter is that all those things ARE Dooley's fault, albeit indirectly. Bray sucked because he wasn't ready. Same with the receivers. Everybody panics and loses focus the moment Florida draws even. And oh boy, once we were behind in the 2nd half, that was the ballgame. We practically gave up at that point.

We appear to have learned NOTHING from last year. That falls on the HEAD FOOTBALL COACH, Mr. Derek Dooley. Sorry. All you have to do is watch the players' body language. That will tell you the whole story.

I wish Dooley would be here for many years, but you are right........ That is why teams have a HEAD COACH....... BOTTOM LINE.......

TN is soft they suck from an adjustment standpoint n cdd is the captain .. he goes down with the ship he kept coach chaney so he should be fired... move on TN vols n get someone who can recruit....

Reactions: 3 people
How long did Bama stick with Shula?

Florida with Zook?

How many SEC championships and NC's have those 2 schools have since they made those changes?

I know the comparisons are not exact (UT talent wise was pretty barren when DD took over), but to win in this league, you have to hire the best.

Is DD the best?

Reactions: 4 people
I wanted this game, badly. For TN, for the players, and for Dooley. I like the guy but the writing is on the wall. Hope I'm wrong but I just can't see him surviving after this season if we can't play any better than tonight.

What a generic answer. You obviously have no idea how organized sports really work. It's easy to blame the head coach for every problem when you don't understand the game.

I understand the game. The coach is ultimately responsible for how the team plays. Dooley has lost every game when tied or behind at halftime. He has lost to every ranked opponent. He has never won a game where we were the under dog. Great coaches and leaders in general find a way to succeed in the face of adversity. So far Dooley's teams collapse in the face of adversity. If he doesn't change that fact he won't be a coach much longer.

I really hope he turns things around but it doesn't look good right now.

Reactions: 5 people
What a generic answer. You obviously have no idea how organized sports really work. It's easy to blame the head coach for every problem when you don't understand the game.

Good argument. Attack the person and not his point. Solid.

He disagrees with you, so he must not understand the game.

I understand football perfectly well and let me tell you something. All you had to do was watch the players' body language to tell that they did not know what was going on or what to do once things went bad. A team, in crunch time, takes after its coach. Teams with good coaches stay cool. Teams with bad coaches don't. We have a bad coach.

Doesn't matter he's the coach. He's suppose to make sure the team is ready to play. He doesn't beat Georgia or USCe he's gone.

1. Get what you are saying, but I can't take you serious when you put F*** in your post like you just discovered the word.

2. Your pain is of little concern to me.

3. I don't think you have a proper understanding of actually happened tonight. This wasn't a "just" a loss.

Sorry I used F*** in my post. Thank goodness I dont give a s**t what you think!

Ive been around this game too long and bothers that the so many people on this board are so ignorant!

Did u watch the first half? They're not soft. They were gassed.. We still don't have the ideal depth everywhere yet.. A lot closer though.. Simple as that.

Really? We played soft the entire game and then quit after Burton ran for 80. Granted, the defense was gassed but it was because they were chasing runners the entire second half.

They made too many mistakes. People saying they quit are dumbasses, plain and simple. Team was fighting, down 7, with 3rd and 9 in the 4th. Sal sent the house and left teague on an island. Lost our safety trying to make a play. Anybody that doesn't think that deflates a team hasn't stepped on a field before.

Not sure what game you were watching, but it was obvious that when we got down 7, the whole attitude of the team changed. There was no energy, no leadership, no one getting in anybody's face to light a fire, just everyone looking around with their hands up. Passes sailing over heads, lineman not holding blocks, attempted arm tackling, etc. BTW - Teague was out of position because the whole D was looking around for someone to tell them what the assisgnment was.

Flame away!!!!

No flame needed.

He's recruited the majority of the roster here, he's hired the majority of the coaches here, he's 0-11 against ranked teams here at UT, and he's not beat a SEC team with league record at or above .500.

Those are facts, and the sooner people understand that the buck stops with him, the sooner people will understand that he has no clue how to build an SEC winner.

Also, what I once considered his main source of life support, Tyler Bray, proved to me tonight that he's not ready for the NFL. Bray hasn't beat anyone of any significance, and looks pedestrian at best against higher level SEC defenses. Nothing showed me that he can do it at a higher level tonight.

Vols fans are children. They thought we were ready to win the NC this year. We got beaten by a team with more talent, after we made too many mistakes. To blame it on Dooley is ridiculous. Florida is a better team then they were last year, with much higher ranked recruiting classes. Driskel played great. And no, we didn't just make him look great, he made good throws when needed. The game made me sick to watch, but it was good to see that we are at least back on a similar athletic level. By the way, we fire Dooley, who would want this job, in a poor talent state, with maybe the most unreasonable fans since the Alabama fans of the 90's?

No no no no no. Stop right there. We are NOT in a poor talent state AT ALL. We have awesome talent on our team. I still think that on paper we are even with Florida. For the first time in a long time, we are every bit as talented as they are. There are plenty of coaches who would love to take over our current roster. And I bet most of them would have beat Florida with this roster, too. I'll give you Driskel though, he played quite well tonight. He impressed me. But still, it isn't as simple as you make it seem.

I just don't know how much longer people are going to keep making excuses for Dooley. At some point, you have to WIN.

Sorry I used F*** in my post. Thank goodness I dont give a s**t what you think!

Ive been around this game too long and bothers that the so many people on this board are so ignorant!

17-20 at La Tech and what is it now, 13-15 at Tennessee.

Solid logic. I can see where how I compare to college athletes has to do with how they compare with their own competition.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, I do think you have to have been there to fully understand. I was a boxer for 11 years, I usually dont get into confrontations on this board but some of the comments tonight really pissed me off! It could also be the beer. :)

VN Store

Back