THIS one STILL angers me...

My guess before clicking the thread is that you were talking about the Tennessee LittleOnes drafting Kevin Dyson instead of Randy Moss...
McNair 🕍 George Moss & Frankie 🕍 could have been special.

Warren's catch WAS a 1st Down...

Tillman MUST catch that ball...

And Joe...showed what being Joe was gonna be when he's QB1...

I truly believe the difference in speed on the ball between Hendon & Joe was why Cedric missed that ball. It got on him much faster that he’d been seeing. Like a hitter seeing a 90mph FB & a guy coming in at 100.

The game shouldn't have even come down to this vid you posted. Tyler Baron was robbed by the refs of a strip, scoop, and score!
I saw that exact same stupid call in another game shortly after ours, which was the first time I had seen it. I think it might have been that horrible Penn St - Illinois game that went into something like 6 OTs only to end up 20-18.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Watch the replay of that first play and how the linesman runs in from 15 yards behind the play to spot the ball, puts his foot in the ground right at the 1st down marker and then veers backwards a little and pretends to have a clue where the runner actually went down.
It’s been forever since that game so I’m sure it was talked about ad nauseum at the time but that video did look like he was short, if the ball was in his left hand. I couldn’t see the ball but if it was in his right hand it was a clear first down, left hand and likely not.

This was bad, but nothing like the bowl game that year. I was at the Music City bowl and remember the play we got screwed on against Purdue. Watched it on replay and turned to the guy next to me and said we should be good, forward momentum wasn't stopped. When the call came back after replay I really considered throwing something, it was absurd. I can't rememeber ever being so surprised/pissed at a call.

Reactions: Stacmot
For as much flack as Joe received to running OOB on the last play, he threw a near perfect TD the play before right over the defenders head and it went right through Tillman's hands.
Near perfect??

This was bad, but nothing like the bowl game that year. I was at the Music City bowl and remember the play we got screwed on against Purdue. Watched it on replay and turned to the guy next to me and said we should be good, forward momentum wasn't stopped. When the call came back after replay I really considered throwing something, it was absurd. I can't rememeber ever being so surprised/pissed at a call.

Nothing has surprised me since the Music City Bowl against North Carolina in 2010.

Nothing has surprised me since the Music City Bowl against North Carolina in 2010.
You forgot about LSU earlier in that year...

Or..."Mount Cody" taking of his helmet and throwing it the year before against Kiffin...

That one never made any sense. The rule book specifically says calls regarding spots in relation to first downs or touchdowns are Reviewable. That horse crap defense you can’t review a progress call because it is a judgement call is just wrong. The ref gets to apply his judgment that a play is stopped AND BLOW THE WHISTLE OR OTHERWISE SIGNAL it down. Just like the refs judgement on where a knee went down or where the ball or runner really went OOB can be reviewed, where the runner really was when the play was blown dead can be too.

Pretty sure he was in the endzone when the arms were waived and the whistle sounded.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
You forgot about LSU earlier in that year...

Or..."Mount Cody" taking of his helmet and throwing it the year before against Kiffin...

Oh, I definitely remember both. I just mean the UNC game was the breaking point for me. I’m numb to the disappointment now.

VN Store

Back