This is ... disturbing

Funny, your posts always made me lose my lunch and all hope for what the USAF might become.

I agree 100%. Few things upset me more than the lack of airmen shooting pregnant women and children. It's really our countries biggest issue.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously, they are purposefuly making themselves cold blooded killers. If you disagree, then please post a link to an officer being gunned down by a child or pregnant woman. How often does that happen, once every 20 years?

Seriously no.

The purpose is to introduce non-standard targets and realistic training. If you just train officers (and others) just to focus on specific types of demographics (take the normal middle aged white dude that pops up in the vast majority of targets) you basically are setting them up for failure. Because it's not always a middle aged white dude pulling a gun on someone.

If you honestly think those targets are there to condition people into being cold blooded murders, you really do have issues.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously no.

The purpose is to introduce non-standard targets and realistic training. If you just train officers (and others) just to focus on specific types of demographics (take the normal middle aged white dude that pops up in the vast majority of targets) you basically are setting them up for failure. Because it's not always a middle aged white dude pulling a gun on someone.

If you honestly think those targets are there to condition people into being cold blooded murders, you really do have issues.

Lol so shooting black people is different from shooting white people?

If you honestly think there's a difference in shooting at a 6 ft tall black guy or a 6 ft tall white guy, you're an idiot.

This?
GT-DT-SKULLTAT.jpg

That's terrible!! He even has his hands up! ...at least one of them

Reactions: 3 people
Lol so shooting black people is different from shooting white people?

If you honestly think there's a difference in shooting at a 6 ft tall black guy or a 6 ft tall white guy, you're an idiot.

Speaking from experience?

Reactions: 2 people
The difference is that Reason article is talking about using such targets specifically for the purpose of being prepared for dealing with people who are "not in the norm." Its right there in the article. The problem with what the Miami police were doing is that they were at least giving the impression that they are training based on the assumption that their norm will always be young black men.

The issue is less about how accurate that is, and more that it reinforces the notion that police stereotype in their daily routine.

And the REAL issue in my mind is how dumb and tone deaf do you have to be to even let this situation arise in the first place?

Just to be clear....I'm now being mocked because I do not murder pregnant women and babies, nor do I condone it.

Coming from someone who never actually served outside of their cushy desk job, I wouldn't expect you to have the first damn clue about what potential threats lurk in the real world.

Reactions: 4 people
Coming from someone who never actually served outside of their cushy desk job, I wouldn't expect you to have the first damn clue about what potential threats lurk in the real world.

Go ahead, tell us...what difference does race make when shooting at people?

Can the Japanese catch bullets?

Can Africans fly?

How does race make a difference?

Go ahead, tell us...what difference does race make when shooting at people?

Can the Japanese catch bullets?

Can Africans fly?

How does race make a difference?

What difference in there in a middle aged white dude pointing a gun at you or a pregnant woman pointing a gun at you?

What difference in there in a middle aged white dude pointing a gun at you or a pregnant woman pointing a gun at you?

I'm not claiming there's a difference, you are! You're claiming shooting at white targets does prepare you to shoot at black targets.

I think it fair to say that, even if you believe that the police are more likely to encounter a shooting situation involving young black men, it is not so uncommon to have to use deadly force against women or children that you shouldn't train for it.

Who cares? Another story that hurts no one and makes people get their jimmies all rustled.

I wouldn't care if they pulled my picture out of my 3rd grade yearbook and used it as target practice. Doesn't affect me at all.

I think it fair to say that, even if you believe that the police are more likely to encounter a shooting situation involving young black men, it is not so uncommon to have to use deadly force against women or children that you shouldn't train for it.

You wouldn't understand the different tactical skills required to shoot women, children, and minorities.

It's not like shooting white guys!

You wouldn't understand the different tactical skills required to shoot women, children, and minorities.

It's not like shooting white guys!

For ****'s sake, you are hopelessly in over your head...

It's the ****ing PSYCHOLOGICAL aspect of it all. How many officers would hesitate before pulling the trigger on a pregnant woman? Even if she was a direct threat to themselves or others? Or a child for that matter.

What those do is take away the psychological impact of seeing a pregnant woman as a direct and deadly threat. or a child. Because there are no children taking guns into schools and shooting each other. No, that never happens.

Please just stop since you have zero idea of what you are talking about at this point and lack any cognitive ability to discuss this rationally.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back