This has got to stop [referees]

Admittedly I missed the 1st half but the penalties sorta evened out for the game. I don't want us to go to the blame it on the ref's route.

I will say the one heinous call I remember was the personal foul on Taylor. It could've been a game changing play. We were down 8 and Alabama was punting. The penalty gave them new life and they were able to capitalize and get breathing room.

It was the game changer !

Reactions: GordonC
Bama has went commercialized. That's a soft version of the Bama teams from the past. Someone if not a couple of teams are going to get them by the end of the year.. The lightshow BS, all the spoiled fans. It's all getting ready to come crashing down. Saban may call it a day after they get their azzes kicked a couple times this year.
Some serious wishful thinking imo.

Admittedly I missed the 1st half but the penalties sorta evened out for the game. I don't want us to go to the blame it on the ref's route.

I will say the one heinous call I remember was the personal foul on Taylor. It could've been a game changing play. We were down 8 and Alabama was punting. The penalty gave them new life and they were able to capitalize and get breathing room.
Was the call on Taylor a little ticky tack and could they have not called it? Yep. But why push up off of him and stand over him and give the refs the opportunity to call it? Could’ve just as easily gotten off the guy and even given him a hand up. Instead, yet another example of our older players doing something to hurt the team rather than help it.

Was the call on Taylor a little ticky tack and could they have not called it? Yep. But why push up off of him and stand over him and give the refs the opportunity to call it? Could’ve just as easily gotten off the guy and even given him a hand up. Instead, yet another example of our older players doing something to hurt the team rather than help it.

So now were down to helping QBs get up after we tackle them otherwise you risk a penalty? I don't think Taylor stood over him at all. He was getting off him.

Officiating is atrocious at all levels of football from HS to the NFL. It’s not getting better anytime soon.

I strongly disagree. NFL is pretty damn good, plus it doesn't take 5 min after a flag for them to announce the foul.

Does Saban own the S.E.C? Even after Tennessee's first touchdown ,with Maurer laying in the end zone the Referee's were afraid to put their hands up.Then, in the end zone with Bama player all over Jennings the Ref looking right at it and no call.I know the S.E.C wants a 1 verse 2 match up and their going to make sure they get it but this Ridiculous.
The only way it stops is if we all collectively get completely fed up and press the issue to the point where change is forced.. social media allows a group with enough motivation the necessary platform to force the hand of a corrupt league and the NCAA..

This last decade has turned this league and college football into a travesty.. The gumps openly pay players and the evidence is right out in the open.. the steroids and/or Deer Antler spray that just got swept under the rug with no consequences and the horrible officiating..

Reactions: LibertyVol
Does Saban own the S.E.C? Even after Tennessee's first touchdown ,with Maurer laying in the end zone the Referee's were afraid to put their hands up.Then, in the end zone with Bama player all over Jennings the Ref looking right at it and no call.I know the S.E.C wants a 1 verse 2 match up and their going to make sure they get it but this Ridiculous.
Spot on.

Reactions: morristown vol

The penalties may have been similar in number but the results were definitely not. All of our fouls kept us from scoring points or gave them the ball back. The only thing their penalties did was force them to go back a couple yards and never had major implications on the outcome of the game.

Love the effort and play of our young team yesterday. If Pruitt can win 3 more this season I will be back on board.

But I still have a bad taste in my mouth from both the officiating and commentating. We were a QB and some fair refs away from a toss up game.

Once again you are reaching for something that absolutely is not here. Taylor simply put his hands on the qb to help get himself up. The same
thing anyone who ever gets off the ground does everytime

Reactions: BreatheUT
Once again you are reaching for something that absolutely is not here. Taylor simply put his hands on the qb to help get himself up. The same
thing anyone who ever gets off the ground does everytime
You have been obviously smoking some good sheet if you believe that. It was definitely a pussy move and he would be running a few extra wind sprints after practice if I was the coach for costing the team fifteen yards and giving them a first down in that scenario.

You have been obviously smoking some good sheet if you believe that. It was definitely a pussy move and he would be running a few extra wind sprints after practice if I was the coach for costing the team fifteen yards and giving them a first down in that scenario.

Lol no chance Coach Pruitt calls Darryl out for this.

Not by the refs on the field
Yes it was. You could see it in a replay
While your statement is true it was pointed out at the time by the announcers on TV stated that they had not seen anyone signal td.
Sure but a replay shortly after (within a minute or 2) showed it was called as soon as he crossed

Reactions: vols40
IMO, this is a direct result of legalized internet gambling. Fear of making a bad call out weighs making the correct call. Point spreads are all over TV. You cannot convince me that either some of them are on the take or work games in fear.

The TD signal was cleared up by a replay within a minute of the score. Why it keeps getting discussed is pretty confusing

Correct. The line judge to the left of the camera never ran into the camera view. The announcers made it worse because they were inept.

VN Store

Back