This could get very interesting if....

Speculation today from Jeff Goodman at ESPN is that Donovan may go to Oklahoma City in the NBA.

That would be interesting since Donovan was coach of the Orlando Magic before returning to Florida.

Will he last longer this time? It seemed like his introduction press conference was also his farewell press conference of I remember right.

Reactions: 1 person
But he wasn't making NFL money at USC, Cal is making Nba money at Kentucky.

this is the thing,why would Cal leave making that kinda of cash ? he has the best job in Basketball at the moment,unless his ego is saying you can win it all in the NBA

I figure Marshall turned down bama waiting on UK job.

He signed a 6 year deal. Coach K is 68. In 6 years, Coach K will be 74. Which is how old Larry Brown is. Coach K may hang it up right about the time that Marshall's contract is set to expire.

I think Marshall however would be the first in line and most interested in the Kansas job if it opened. Bill Self has gotten knocked out in the Round of 32 the past two years. Another year or two of that, and Kansas may not keep him around. That wouldn't be a huge move for his family. 2 and a half hours difference.

I think Marshall is just waiting for a blue blood. And he's smart to do so. Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, UCLA could all come open in the next few years. He's smart to stay where he's at. He'll have his pick of jobs if his level of success at Wichita State continues.

Cal would be absolutely stupid to leave Kentucky.

He's already making big money and it will only go up.
He can recruit hood whom ever he wants and not chance a draft.
Chances are high he will fail again if he takes one of the jobs that become open. He can't fail at UK.

I hate UK and over half of their fans. Be glad majority of yall live in the beautiful state of Tennessee. I hope Cal jumps back to the NBA and fails hard. Then I hope UK gets another Billy G and wrecks the bandwagon they have!

Ditto.

Donovan and Calipari both make the jump to the NBA this offseason. Granted, it's just the rumor mill churning, but if either or both of these guys leave, we have arguably the best all around basketball coach in the SEC.

May I remind you Bob Knight was one of the best at IU. But not so much once he left as an old man to coach TT.

Cal would be absolutely stupid to leave Kentucky.

He's already making big money and it will only go up.
He can recruit hood whom ever he wants and not chance a draft.
Chances are high he will fail again if he takes one of the jobs that become open. He can't fail at UK.

It's not like he wouldn't get another high paid college job if he failed....it has to suck knowingu failed on basketballs biggest stage.

I hope they both stay. Good for the SEC.
Completely agree.
Cal
Pearl
Barnes
Stalling
Donovan
Martin
Fox

The coaching level is increasing in the league and with that the level of play/national respect should as well. Bama needs to make a solid hire here too

Last edited:

VN Store

Back