Things I'm happy about today

So far they have treated me well....both in accidents and deffinately when our house was shot up. My onlyu complaint is they made an error ON their side auto debiting for our car insurance, we didn't realize it because (auto debit) and while they did eventually fix it, they used it as an excuse to raise our rates....and we lost previous rate...again because THEY had a computer error. With all that said......if you end up in court, or it's a big event, they have your back more then the others...and I've had several LEO's who say they always see the same in accidents. I'm still pissed at them for the rate hike though.

Sorry about that Sgt. Next time, I'll aim far more to the right.....

Sorry about that Sgt. Next time, I'll aim far more to the right.....
Yeah..well it wasn't you....and it's not something I talk about a lot as my son now has PTSD on his medical records thanks to that POS. But USAA sent us a check right away to replace furniture etc, and then followed through on siding etc. I don't think they ever recouped from the person responsible either.

Last edited:
So far they have treated me well....both in accidents and deffinately when our house was shot up. My onlyu complaint is they made an error ON their side auto debiting for our car insurance, we didn't realize it because (auto debit) and while they did eventually fix it, they used it as an excuse to raise our rates....and we lost previous rate...again because THEY had a computer error. With all that said......if you end up in court, or it's a big event, they have your back more then the others...and I've had several LEO's who say they always see the same in accidents. I'm still pissed at them for the rate hike though.
That's because you are on the USAA side. Outside dealing with them is a pain in the butt. They want to draw everything out as far as they can and they have 3rd parties handle everything...but only their 3rd parties.

That's because you are on the USAA side. Outside dealing with them is a pain in the butt. They want to draw everything out as far as they can and they have 3rd parties handle everything...but only their 3rd parties.
I can say that the company they chose to do repairs sucked a$$.....but we couldn't find anyone else.

They jerked me around for over 2 months when they knew they were going total my truck. Then lost paperwork that took me a out a month to get and threatened to sue me if I didn't get it for them again. They suck.

Ok. They quickly processed my daughter's totaled car recently and worked with me on the total valuation. Accident was clearly not her fault, but officer didn't assign fault to either of them (which pissed me off) - USAA was able to subrogate with the other insurer such that I got my deductible in the settlement amount.

Reactions: VolNExile
They jerked me around for over 2 months when they knew they were going total my truck. Then lost paperwork that took me an out a month to get and threatened to sue me if I didn't get it for them again. They suck.
Chit, I’m sorry to hear that. I wonder if you had a bad apple agent? I don’t think (don’t claim to know everyone’s experiences) this is typical of USAA, but it still sucks when it happens to you.

It sounds like a nightmare. Did you ever try to escalate? Only asking because I confess that I don’t know how I would do that, other than to say. “Let me speak to your supervisor.”

This seems so out of the norm that it would seem worth pushing it upstairs. Although that is a huge PITA, I know.

VN Store

Back