Things I Have Built

I call it Old Grumpy because 1) it is fairly old (nickel base) and B) it is actually made for kerosene but I burn white gas in it. It burns so bright it will put a sunburn on you. Anyway it’s finicky and has a preheater cup on it and it can be a little bit touch and go to get it going. So I light it with respect having set my own azz on fire before with another lantern.

I had to turn one the opposite way to be able to fit them all in & close it up. Trust me, it bothers the $hit out of me, but after resetting those pavers 6 times, i gave up
You need to chew it down with your bare teeth to fit in properly! 😡

- j/k, j/k. It looks great. If it continues to bother you, put out some plants in containers that will soften the edges.

Wishing you many hours of enjoyment in the coming fall evenings!

You need to chew it down with your bare teeth to fit in properly! 😡

- j/k, j/k. It looks great. If it continues to bother you, put out some plants in containers that will soften the edges.

Wishing you many hours of enjoyment in the coming fall evenings!

As soon as i was done, the first thing the fiancé said was it needed plants. So she’s got a plan now…..

And thank you

During Covid shut down, I watched a few of the Moonshiner Boys television shows. After watching, I decided to try to make a "distilling machine" for the purpose of making "hand sanitizer." I looked around my workshop and came up with enough items to make the attached "distilling machine." I had never tried distilling, but thought my "machine" worked well. Actually, making "hand sanitizer"can become somewhat addictive in trying different recipes. I ended up buying a store-bought "distilling machine," but I am not satisfied with it. I believe I will again make my own "distilling machine," but this time I am going to buy all-new material and construct it based on my ideas of what I believe will make a "distilling machine" better.
WP_20200514_17_51_09_Rich.jpg

During Covid shut down, I watched a few of the Moonshiner Boys television shows. After watching, I decided to try to make a "distilling machine" for the purpose of making "hand sanitizer." I looked around my workshop and came up with enough items to make the attached "distilling machine." I had never tried distilling, but thought my "machine" worked well. Actually, making "hand sanitizer"can become somewhat addictive in trying different recipes. I ended up buying a store-bought "distilling machine," but I am not satisfied with it. I believe I will again make my own "distilling machine," but this time I am going to buy all-new material and construct it based on my ideas of what I believe will make a "distilling machine" better.
View attachment 495431
When you make your machine continue to use a fire underneath the pot. You can outfit a water heater element inside the pot, but it makes it difficult to make all grain hand sanitizer that way because the element will burn the grain.

I am thinking about purchasing an 8 in jointer and am looking for recommendations. Have looked at the Wahuda and am wondering if anyone has one and their experiences with it. Any other recommendations for other brands as well.

I am thinking about purchasing an 8 in jointer and am looking for recommendations. Have looked at the Wahuda and am wondering if anyone has one and their experiences with it. Any other recommendations for other brands as well.
I have the Grizzly G0634Z. It is a 12 inch jointer planer combo. It does a good job. Quick to convert. I am happy with it

Matt from 731 woodworks seems to like his wahuda. I have an old porter cable six inch table top jointer. Can't stand using the thing. Ended up building a jig for the table saw and a separate jig for the planer

So I’m pretty proud of this. I can do anything but am not good at anything.

After our main equipment garage / building was destroyed that my grandpa built, I set out to rebuild it. Milled all the lumber (RO, WO, YP and Sas) and post (WO) ourself and built the trusses with a sledgehammer(20lb). Put together a pattern for the trusses on the concrete and went from there. Finally, found a guy that would sell me the metal connectors for the truss, that wasn’t worried about me coming back on him if the trust failed.

I would guess 12 people helped across the process (Thanks to all), from setting the post, to putting up the trusses and metal roof. I don’t have a picture of the finished product, but the pictures where the roof is on is from thanksgiving day 2022.IMG_3337.jpegIMG_6264.jpegIMG_6261.jpeg

My next big project is taking down the 110 year old barn in the last picture. Unfortunately, it was damaged beyond a sustainable repair at the same time this building was destroyed (along with sustained termite damage).

Edit. Everything is oversized and built to last. No 2x4 that is 1.5 x 3.5. Everything is true.

So I’m pretty proud of this. I can do anything but am not good at anything.

After our main equipment garage / building was destroyed that my grandpa built, I set out to rebuild it. Milled all the lumber (RO, WO, YP and Sas) and post (WO) ourself and built the trusses with a sledgehammer(20lb). Put together a pattern for the trusses on the concrete and went from there. Finally, found a guy that would sell me the metal connectors for the truss, that wasn’t worried about me coming back on him if the trust failed.

I would guess 12 people helped across the process (Thanks to all), from setting the post, to putting up the trusses and metal roof. I don’t have a picture of the finished product, but the pictures where the roof is on is from thanksgiving day 2022.View attachment 570279View attachment 570280View attachment 570281

My next big project is taking down the 110 year old barn in the last picture. Unfortunately, it was damaged beyond a sustainable repair at the same time this building was destroyed (along with sustained termite damage).

Edit. Everything is oversized and built to last. No 2x4 that is 1.5 x 3.5. Everything is true.

Those are some impressive looking trusses!! Good job! I love the idea of full size lumber for your trusses. Built to last

VN Store

Back