There is a trend in video gaming right now that needs to stop!

If I remember right, Tony Dorsett and the Dallas Cowboys were pretty good too. So were Roger Craig and the 49'ers. You could pretty much win with ease with any of those teams.

The 49ers had the cheap play that was almost a guaranteed catch. The receiver started at the bottom of the screen and cut across the middle. 9/10 times he would catch it. Didn't matter if you blitzed. QB had enough time to get the pass off. Didn't matter if you controlled the defender and put him on the "x". Receiver would still catch it.

Probably that shotgun play you mentioned.

Bungie and Activison pulled a fast one on everyone with Destiny. And yeah, it sucks.

Yea they did. Marketed it as a fps rpg that you can play with your friends. Then they chopped up the story, sold it as dlc, and push PvP now. Most of the people buying the game didn't buy it for PvP. If I want to do that I'll go to Battlefield 4.

Reactions: 1 person
Marketing does with with every product - won't ever change. Thankfully, we have youtube reviews from bloggers who get to run games well in advance of their release.

The good ones will call out any BS going on

Yea they did. Marketed it as a fps rpg that you can play with your friends. Then they chopped up the story, sold it as dlc, and push PvP now. Most of the people buying the game didn't buy it for PvP. If I want to do that I'll go to Battlefield 4.

Preach!

We can all (well, most of us) agree that Watch Dogs was horrible based on what we were given before the game released.

Reactions: 2 people
It was also fun to throw end zone to end zone with Montana-Rice for the 6

I liked it when they turned the view sideways, better.

Barry Sanders was ridiculous. My neighbors asked me to check on their dog while they were gone (I must've been 10) and I played their Super Tecmo Bowl for like 20 hours that week. LMAO

Its our fault for hyping games up so much.

I'm kind of in this camp, as anyone who's bought games in the last decade should know that there's very little truth that can be gleaned from sneak peeks, commercials, and so on.

Buyer beware, I guess, which is why I'm never a release day guy unless iit's a sports title where I'll more or less know that I'm getting what I expect.

yup - I'm especially wary of super hyped up titles that seemingly come out of nowhere with no history (Watchdogs, anyone?)

Like movies, if the game creators know it sucks they will fire up the hype machine in order to make some sort of profit before the truth is apparent to all.

I am wary of most games too, especially new IPs, like Watchdogs, from inconsistent developers (Ubisoft Montreal).

If Bethesda, From Software, Rockstar, Naughty Dog, BioWare, or Atlus are putting a game out, I'm usually less skeptical.

But some new IPs surprised me from less known (at the time) developers - Batman Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, and Shadow of Mordor, for example.

Destiny is probably the biggest disappointment, for me, from an otherwise solid developer like Bungie.

Destiny was a grand idea that, at least initially, has fallen painfully short.

I hear you. I recently introduced my seniors to the NES and they couldn't get enough of Mike Tyson, Contra, Mario 3, Zelda, Tecmo Bowl, and Final Fantasy. Their minds were blown to find out that generic Tecmo Bowl was infinitely more entertaining than the recent Madden or that MT's Punch Out had them hooked more than the latest EA UFC game.

Tecmo Super Bowl was the only sports game my dad let me play as a kid. I still can't beat him at it. The only rule is that the Raiders are banned because Bo Jackson transcends reality

I think people just need to be skeptical with games. Especially certain ones made by Ubisoft and EA

It is funny what can piss you off as a gamer. I hated the state that Star Wars: The Old Republic was in when BioWare released it, and can't seem to let go of the mini-grudge I have against them for screwing up the launch and their free-to-play implementation.

My best friend has the same issue with Blizzard over Diablo 3 and the fact that they broke Starcraft 2 into "expansions" which are basically only the campaigns divided by the races.

It boils down to "You screwed up my favorite franchise and now I refuse to buy your crap."

I'm kind of in this camp, as anyone who's bought games in the last decade should know that there's very little truth that can be gleaned from sneak peeks, commercials, and so on.

Buyer beware, I guess, which is why I'm never a release day guy unless iit's a sports title where I'll more or less know that I'm getting what I expect.

Call of Juarez

No experience with starcraft 3, but what's wrong with Diablo 3?? I felt it stayed true to the classics

No experience with starcraft 3, but what's wrong with Diablo 3?? I felt it stayed true to the classics

His beef with it has to do with how different it feels than D2 and it's expansions. Art style, power progression, talent/skill systems, D3's real money auction house (closed when RoS was released), a lack of innovation in classes and lack of diversity of classes when compared to D2. These are all him btw... some of them are more legitimate than others imo. The only problem I had with it at launch were the server issues.

I have a massive amount of time invested in it and the expac... I love it.

Last edited:
anyone surprised by who's number #1 on the list?!

anyone surprised by who's number #1 on the list?!

Not really. Madden has been doing that crap for years, and for EA it's not even limited to Madden. They pretty much do that for all their sports games.

The Assassin's Creed one always bothered me too. They always show some super closeup and I'm always thinking "There's no close up shot anywhere like that in the game".

VN Store

Back