The WRASSLIN’ Thread

So WWE released Cameron Grimes.
Another WWE Star Released - WrestleTalk

That's one I feel like they under used. I wonder if he will end up back in TNA or somewhere else. I think he'd be a good fIt in NJPW or maybe NWA?

Yeah,once he left NXT, it was downhill from there. The last time I remember him on Smackdown was getting squashed by Bron Breakker a couple weeks ago. Other than that,nothing. He'll fit in great back in the X-division in TNA. Mustafa Ali has become a better overall character and ring wise since going to TNA so I think it will work for Trevor Lee if he goes back there.

I think as far as Xia Li,she's another missed opportunity. She really got put on the backburner. I think she'd capitalize somewhere like TNA or even overseas.

Yeah,once he left NXT, it was downhill from there. The last time I remember him on Smackdown was getting squashed by Bron Breakker a couple weeks ago. Other than that,nothing. He'll fit in great back in the X-division in TNA. Mustafa Ali has become a better overall character and ring wise since going to TNA so I think it will work for Trevor Lee if he goes back there.

I think as far as Xia Li,she's another missed opportunity. She really got put on the backburner. I think she'd capitalize somewhere like TNA or even overseas.
Xia would be a great Knockout. She'd also work in Stardom or Shimmer.

For Grimes/Lee, TNA feels like a step backward. I don't think he'd get his due in AEW either. I think he should look at one of the Japanese promotions to build himself back up or maybe AAA..

I am still wrapping my head around the magnitude of having someone signed to another company hold your championship and defending it on their show. This is a monumental moment. And I can't help but think that there may be some kind of merger coming with AEW and NJPW. Or a buyout or something. I think Tony has had his eyes on RevPro in the UK for awhile now too to counter WWE there. But that would be a tough nut to crack. Crazy time.

I know Forbidden Door is coming up and it will go back to NJPW proper. But man. This is just too weird

Wow. Uh... I did not expect that. That almost felt like Vince Russo wrote that whole segment. Don't get me wrong. That was well done. Very well done.

But what the hell? Why were those 100 wrestlers from the back not out there the second that the Bucks put their hands on him? Or Tony's dad? That was a little bit befuddling. But it was a helluva swerve.

Loved the opener with Swerve and Fletcher. Got wonder if Kyle calling yhe audible and not listening to Don was a sign he'll leave the family with Ospreay?

I figure whoever attacked Moné also attacked Willow. So probably either Stat or a third party. I do wonder where Julia and Skye go from here. But I don't see them in the TBS title picture for a minute.

Great gauntlet match. Can't wait for that international title match.

I am still wrapping my head around the magnitude of having someone signed to another company hold your championship and defending it on their show. This is a monumental moment. And I can't help but think that there may be some kind of merger coming with AEW and NJPW. Or a buyout or something. I think Tony has had his eyes on RevPro in the UK for awhile now too to counter WWE there. But that would be a tough nut to crack. Crazy time.

I know Forbidden Door is coming up and it will go back to NJPW proper. But man. This is just too weird
TNA did the same with Kenny and the line between NJPW and AEW is a lot more blurry than that. There are a lot of AEW guys listed on New Japan's roster page.

I think this is just more of them making in roads into the west. I agree it's weird to see it with thier main belt. But it feels like more of what they did with the ROH joint ppvs. AEW just has more clout than ROH did.

Love that Deeb is going to get a ppv title match.

Also, I like the idea of the attacker being DMD. Maybe she cost Mone the match?
It almost has to be Britt or Stat. I suppose it could be Hayter or Saraya. But you'd think Hayter would go after the world title on her return. Saraya does need a story with Ruby out though.

Got a WCW vibe to it when the Outsiders power bombed Eric through the floor and within a month was a member of the NWO.

That doesn't surprise me with Tony being a big fan of WCW. I haven't watched it,but heard about all the highlights. It looked like a great event coming off the Dynasty PPV. It will interesting to see where they go with this group with the Bucks,Okada and Jack Perry.

I feel like the time may be right for Toni to drop the title to Deeb at DoN.

I think that it's the perfect time for her to drop it. I love her gimmick,and the post match presser after Dynasty was hilarious,but I think it's time to go in a different direction. Deeb would be the perfect choice. She's a wrestlers wrestler. She reminds me of Molly Holly in that regard.

“I was told by a high executive last week on Friday that I would always have a job here (#WWE). I would never have to worry about losing my job here, after expressing my concerns like that to him.

And then five days later, they called me and told me that I do lose the job. So I don’t know.” — Trevor Lee f/k/a Cameron Grimes (via Busted Open Radio)

That's interesting 🤔 In wrestling, I don't know who said that,but I'm sure it was overruled. Besides,unfortunately you can't trust everyone that you'll always have a job.

I liked the gimmick of "Cameron Grimes " ,but I'd like a throwback to the old Trevor Lee(himself) who was a lot of fun as a heel. I look forward to seeing where he goes.

Well,if she has learned from past mistakes where no company including TNA wanted her back, I don't see why not. She's a great talent.. That is if they got past preliminary talks with her which they were vague about so it sounds doubtful.

I got around to watching the Impact from last night. Well, now Nic Nemeth and "Broken" Matt Hardy have joined forces to take out the System. I've thought that the "Broken" gimmick has ran it's course,but maybe I'm in the minority. Matt said he was after the TNA championship. Also,Nics brother was in attendance and they were going out of their way to show. I don't know about his deal with AEW,but perhaps a tag team with his brother?

Kaz and Josh Alexander are challenging for the World Championship number #1 contender...It seems like a bunch of matches to keep Moose occupied until he drops the belt.

Jordynne Grace is facing Miyu Yamashita for the Knockouts title next week which should be a banger time permitted.

Ace Austin and Trey Miquel are facing each other in a number one contender match for the X division belt. They had a vote in a ballot and there was voter fraud and Trey Miquel cheated by filling it with too many votes for himself. Heh... Ace Austin had the second most votes so there's your match.

Santino is comedic gold in his authority role.

All in all a decent show following a PPV. Nothing spectacular.

VN Store

Back