The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Roman vs Brock felt like it could have been better. AJ vs Edge was probably the match of the night. I don't think anybody got a bigger pop than Wee Man though.

Vince has to be salivating right now. A megastar in Reigns, major stars in Cody, Rollins, Rousey, Becky, Belair, and potential stars in Theory, Breakker, and Stevenson.

Reigns getting hurt didn’t help.
Didn't realize that he was hurt. It would explain a lot. Some of the pictures I found just now sure make it look like that's what happened. You think Brock tore a muscle in that submission he put on?

Didn't realize that he was hurt. It would explain a lot. Some of the pictures I found just now sure make it look like that's what happened. You think Brock tore a muscle in that submission he put on?

Saw reports on Twitter than Reigns’ shoulder popped out of place.

Vince has to be salivating right now. A megastar in Reigns, major stars in Cody, Rollins, Rousey, Becky, Belair, and potential stars in Theory, Breakker, and Stevenson.

Stone Cold was a megastar, the Rock was a megastar. Hulk was a Megastar. Those guys drew numbers. Reigns is a guy pushed to the moon during a time that has hemorrhaged viewers.

Stone Cold was a megastar, the Rock was a megastar. Hulk was a Megastar. Those guys drew numbers. Reigns is a guy pushed to the moon during a time that has hemorrhaged viewers.

Not disagreeing with you, but are you not the least bit intrigued at a Reigns vs. Rock match next year?

Cody's entrance was hilarious.
AZJN2Xq.jpeg

RAW after Mania is officially dead. RIP. Talk about an absolute nothing show.

Roman hasn't reached megastar level yet. Megastars transcend wrestling. Like Mojo said, Austin, Rock, and Hogan are/were megastars. Cena is a megastar. People outside the wrestling world know who those guys are. I don't think Reigns is at that level. Maybe he gets there, maybe he doesn't.

And if Rock will do it, it just makes sense for him to battle his "cousin" at Wrestlemania next year to see who really is the "tribal chief".

Reactions: worthlesswanderer90
Cody has miscalculated the reason he took off and became a star in large part thanks to outcast wrestling fans who really got behind him because they respected him for saying “Screw You” to WWE and leaving.
He knew that and would always feed his base by breaking thrones, faking the pedigree in big matches, and frequent anti WWE jabs.
He’ll gain a bunch of new WWE fans who have never heard him cry in a promo while talking about Dusty before and think it’s touching — but he’s lost a lot of people who now see his whole persona as completely disingenuous. (Let us not forget the Ogogo match nightmare)

Last edited:
The thing Cody has miscalculated is the reason he took off and became a star was in large part thanks to outcast wrestling fans who really got behind him because they respected him for saying “Screw You” to WWE and leaving.
He knew that and would always feed his base by breaking thrones, faking the pedigree in big matches, and frequent anti WWE jabs.
He’ll gain a bunch of new WWE fans who have never heard him cry in a promo while talking about Dusty before and think it’s touching — but he’s lost a lot of people who now see his whole persona as completely disingenuous. (Let us not forget the Ogogo match nightmare)
Disengenuous? It's pro wrestling. Every breath these guys take is a work.

People really need to take themselves less seriously.

Cody has miscalculated the reason he took off and became a star in large part thanks to outcast wrestling fans who really got behind him because they respected him for saying “Screw You” to WWE and leaving.
Maybe it'll be better in WWE. But I've never found his in ring work to be particularly special. I'll be suprised if he ends up anywhere above the mid-card a year from now.

VN Store

Back