The War on Drugs has Failed

I don't think them being illegal will keep people from using i just think it helps to keep them underground and a little harder to obtain. Granted they are easy enough to find if you are using but the harder to obtain the better as far as I'm concerned.

See bold above.

For the record I think we do waste a lot of money fighting drugs but they still need to be kept illegal and stiff penalties need to be enforced JMO.

There's a prison overcrowding issue, that if they stopped throwing addicts in prison it would reduce.

Well now days you have Drs. playing the game....prescribed drugs are big business and just as if not more heavily abused.Which brought on a whole different kind of fight.

There's a prison overcrowding issue, that if they stopped throwing addicts in prison it would reduce.

And crime would increase. The people usually involved in drugs are not choir boys and girl scouts. Those that are convicted on drug charges quite often have extensive criminal pasts, charges other than drug related offenses.

And crime would increase. The people usually involved in drugs are not choir boys and girl scouts. Those that are convicted on drug charges quite often have extensive criminal pasts, charges other than drug related offenses.

some of them are criminals, but a lot of wealthy people use drugs too. Look at celebrity rehab, as an example. Those people are not stealing to use drugs (yet).

The amount of money being spent in prosecuting people for drug use would be better used somewhere else, thats really my point.

Last edited:
some of them are criminals, but a lot of wealthy people use drugs too. Look at celebrity rehab, as an example. Those people are not stealing to use drugs.

The amount of money being spent in prosecuting people for drug use would be better used somewhere else, thats really my point.

I understand your point and agree that not all drug users are violent criminals, however many would agree that drugs and violence quite often go hand in hand. Many of the drugs in question make people more violent.

Even if these harder drugs are legal they will still have to be paid for by those who are addicted to them. If they are addicted odds are very good they will not be able to hold down a job and will have to fund their habits in some way. How does one make money for nothing? By stealing, robbing etc.

As we have also seen from the Hollywood types you mentioned they are quite often involved in other illegal activity, sometimes violent but because we in America are seem to have a double standard for them the justice system shows them favor and we hardly bat an eye.

I understand your point and agree that not all drug users are violent criminals, however many would agree that drugs and violence quite often go hand in hand. Many of the drugs in question make people more violent.

Even if these harder drugs are legal they will still have to be paid for by those who are addicted to them. If they are addicted odds are very good they will not be able to hold down a job and will have to fund their habits in some way. How does one make money for nothing? By stealing, robbing etc.

As we have also seen from the Hollywood types you mentioned they are quite often involved in other illegal activity, sometimes violent but because we in America are seem to have a double standard for them the justice system shows them favor and we hardly bat an eye.

Weren't many of these arguments used during prohibition too?

Weren't many of these arguments used during prohibition too?

Maybe, but alcohol is bad for you if you abuse it. Meth is bad for you (and highly addictive), coke is very bad for you (highly addictive), heroin is bad for you (highly addictive).

The main difference between alcohol and the drugs i mentioned are that alcohol is addictive when abused for a period of time. These drugs are addictive from the first time you ever introduce them into your system. For the most part alcoholics have to work at destroying their lives with it. For many drug users all it takes is one or two times and you can be hooked.

War on drugs is as strong as ever!!!!!

On a totally unrelated note does any one know where I can get some GONGA?

Maybe, but alcohol is bad for you if you abuse it. Meth is bad for you (and highly addictive), coke is very bad for you (highly addictive), heroin is bad for you (highly addictive).

The main difference between alcohol and the drugs i mentioned are that alcohol is addictive when abused for a period of time. These drugs are addictive from the first time you ever introduce them into your system. For the most part alcoholics have to work at destroying their lives with it. For many drug users all it takes is one or two times and you can be hooked.
There are plenty of people who are genetically predisposed to be addicted to alcohol from the very first sip. Also, there are plenty of people who snort cocaine once and never again.

There are plenty of people who are genetically predisposed to be addicted to alcohol from the very first sip. Also, there are plenty of people who snort cocaine once and never again.

I can't argue with that much. I will however point out that those who are predisposed to alcoholism are usually have addictive personalities and would just as likely be addicted to any drug as they would be to alcohol.

The cocaine part I agree with. Heroine and meth are different stories, they are even more addictive than cocaine by far.

It all depends on how much of each gets used. Alcohol in small amounts can be beneficial. Use too much of it and it causes serious health concerns.

Marijuana used in small amounts shouldn't cause any health concerns. Use too much and it does lead to lung disease, not too mention infections of the lungs especially during the winter season.
Don't forget about pot for medicinal use. It really does a wide variety of things for people with various illnesses.

Don't forget about pot for medicinal use. It really does a wide variety of things for people with various illnesses.

I have no problem with MJ. All other drugs need to be controlled, or at least an attempt be made IMO.

Anyone who thinks MJ kills or is worse than alcohol is a complete moron. I would say those people have never used it, or have little knowledge about it. It is not addicting and it does not kill. I work 2 jobs and go to school. Not saying everyone should do it, but if cigarettes and alcohol is legal, weed should be also. How many people have died to complications from cigarette use? How many for MJ? What about alcohol? I have never never never heard of MJ splitting up a home or people losing the morgage on their house. I have never heard of someone smoking themselves to death cause they overdosed on MJ...cause you cannot. 80 million americans say they smoke weed. A good website to view this is Norml.org

Dan, Dan, Dan... So you work 2 jobs and go to school. All the while you are smoking weed. You must be very proud to be able to do this. Don't burn the burgers.

Just a small article I found. Could've posted the link, but I wanted you to read it before you forgot what you were doing.

Signs of marijuana addiction and abuse

Short-term (immediate) effects of marijuana use
The most common side effects of marijuana are:

sleepiness
difficulty keeping track of time, impaired or reduced short-term memory
reduced ability to perform tasks requiring concentration and coordination, such as driving a car
increased heart rate
potential cardiac dangers for those with preexisting heart disease
bloodshot eyes
dry mouth and throat
decreased social inhibitions
paranoia, hallucinations
impaired or reduced short-term memory
impaired or reduced comprehension
altered motivation and cognition, making the acquisition of new information difficult
paranoia
psychological dependence
impairments in learning and memory, perception, and judgment - difficulty speaking, listening effectively, thinking, retaining knowledge, problem solving, and forming concepts
intense anxiety or panic attacks
Long-term effects of marijuana use

Enhanced cancer risk
Decrease in testosterone levels and lower sperm counts for men
Increase in testosterone levels for women and increased risk of infertility (Which in some cases is not a bad thing)
Diminished or extinguished sexual pleasure
Psychological dependence requiring more of the drug to get the same effect
Effects of marijuana on men
Marijuana is the most common drug used by adolescents in America today. Marijuana affects the parts of the brain which controls the sex and growth hormones. In males, marijuana can decrease the testosterone level. Occasional cases of enlarged breasts in male marijuana users are triggered by the chemical impact on the hormone system. Regular marijuana use can also lead to a decrease in sperm count, as well as increases in abnormal and immature sperm. Marijuana is a contributing factor in the rising problem of infertility in males. Young males should know the effects and potential effects of marijuana use on sex and growing process before they decide to smoke marijuana.

Effects of marijuana on women
Just as in males, marijuana affects the female in the part of the brain that controls the hormones, which determines the sequence in the menstrual cycle. It’s been said that females who smoked or used marijuana on a regular basis had irregular menstrual cycles, the female hormones were depressed, and the testosterone level was raised. Even though this effect may be reversible, it may take several months of no marijuana use before the menstrual cycles become normal again.

Mothers who smoke marijuana on a regular basis have been reported of having babies with a weak central nervous system. These babies show abnormal reactions to light and sound, exhibit tremors and startles, and have the high-pitched cry associated with drug withdrawal. Occurring at five times the rate of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Fetal Marijuana Syndrome is a growing concern of many doctors. Furthermore, doctors worry that children born to "pot-head" mothers will have learning disabilities, attention deficits and hormonal irregularities as they grow older, even if there are no apparent signs of damage at birth. Pregnant or nursing mothers who smoke marijuana should talk to their doctors immediately.

Wasn't cocaine legal at the turn of the 20th century? I thought you could buy tonics and what not with it in it.

Wasn't cocaine legal at the turn of the 20th century? I thought you could buy tonics and what not with it in it.

I believe so, I think I remember hearing that Coca cola at one time contained small amounts of cocaine. I could be wrong though (imagine that).

cut/paste from reefermadness.com doesn't make it any more true. Having seen and experienced it first hand I don't believe a word that says weed is more addictive/dangerous than any of the legal alternatives.

It was most definitely legal. 5,000 deaths were linked to cocaine use in 1912 and it was banned by 1914. I am pretty sure, but not positive, that the temperance movement had something to do with the prohibition of it.

Dan, Dan, Dan... So you work 2 jobs and go to school. All the while you are smoking weed. You must be very proud to be able to do this. Don't burn the burgers.

Just a small article I found. Could've posted the link, but I wanted you to read it before you forgot what you were doing.

Signs of marijuana addiction and abuse

Short-term (immediate) effects of marijuana use
The most common side effects of marijuana are:

sleepiness
difficulty keeping track of time, impaired or reduced short-term memory
reduced ability to perform tasks requiring concentration and coordination, such as driving a car
increased heart rate
potential cardiac dangers for those with preexisting heart disease
bloodshot eyes
dry mouth and throat
decreased social inhibitions
paranoia, hallucinations
impaired or reduced short-term memory
impaired or reduced comprehension
altered motivation and cognition, making the acquisition of new information difficult
paranoia
psychological dependence
impairments in learning and memory, perception, and judgment - difficulty speaking, listening effectively, thinking, retaining knowledge, problem solving, and forming concepts
intense anxiety or panic attacks
Long-term effects of marijuana use

Enhanced cancer risk
Decrease in testosterone levels and lower sperm counts for men
Increase in testosterone levels for women and increased risk of infertility (Which in some cases is not a bad thing)
Diminished or extinguished sexual pleasure
Psychological dependence requiring more of the drug to get the same effect
Effects of marijuana on men
Marijuana is the most common drug used by adolescents in America today. Marijuana affects the parts of the brain which controls the sex and growth hormones. In males, marijuana can decrease the testosterone level. Occasional cases of enlarged breasts in male marijuana users are triggered by the chemical impact on the hormone system. Regular marijuana use can also lead to a decrease in sperm count, as well as increases in abnormal and immature sperm. Marijuana is a contributing factor in the rising problem of infertility in males. Young males should know the effects and potential effects of marijuana use on sex and growing process before they decide to smoke marijuana.

Effects of marijuana on women
Just as in males, marijuana affects the female in the part of the brain that controls the hormones, which determines the sequence in the menstrual cycle. It’s been said that females who smoked or used marijuana on a regular basis had irregular menstrual cycles, the female hormones were depressed, and the testosterone level was raised. Even though this effect may be reversible, it may take several months of no marijuana use before the menstrual cycles become normal again.

Mothers who smoke marijuana on a regular basis have been reported of having babies with a weak central nervous system. These babies show abnormal reactions to light and sound, exhibit tremors and startles, and have the high-pitched cry associated with drug withdrawal. Occurring at five times the rate of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Fetal Marijuana Syndrome is a growing concern of many doctors. Furthermore, doctors worry that children born to "pot-head" mothers will have learning disabilities, attention deficits and hormonal irregularities as they grow older, even if there are no apparent signs of damage at birth. Pregnant or nursing mothers who smoke marijuana should talk to their doctors immediately.

First off, I dont flip burgers. I work at a office position in a corporate enviroment that requires a 4 year degree. My second job is a management position running a store. Oh did I mention I have paid ever single bill I have ever had myself and on time. So get a life. Great job you learn how to copy and paste. You are a fool and dont understand anything about it. Get a education before you start calling me or anyone else out. That article is a joke. I know plenty of people that smoke and that is bull crap. Do a little more research on that topic before you invade me. Its laughable to think it effects your sex life, you obviously dont know anything about it. Did you get this article from a 1950's southern baptist preacher? Experience it first hand then lemme know. I would bet $100 you put something in your body that is worse. Do you take asprin? Do you smoke cigarettes? Do you take prescriptions? Do you eat too much?

It was most definitely legal. 5,000 deaths were linked to cocaine use in 1912 and it was banned by 1914. I am pretty sure, but not positive, that the temperance movement had something to do with the prohibition of it.

Aspirin kills 7,600 people annually. I'm telling you guys, this drug should be illegal, especially if MJ is...and liquor and cigs are not.

VN Store

Back