The Things Bob Said........

No, guy, no. I was at the game....I saw three TD receptions.

He point blank said Von Pearson had the lone Vols TD reception.

He didn't word it in any kind of way that would imply your theory.....

His exact words were, "only receiving touchdown" from what I remember. He was talking about the wr unit so I think he meant only receiver with a touchdown catch, since Pig had a touchdown but it was a rushing attempt.

Ol Slob Kesling. He's actually gotten worse.

His exact words were, "only receiving touchdown" from what I remember. He was talking about the wr unit so I think he meant only receiver with a touchdown catch, since Pig had a touchdown but it was a rushing attempt.

Ol Slob Kesling. He's actually gotten worse.

There is no way to spin it. Saying "only receiving touchdown" means that he said there was only one (lone) TD reception. Anybody can interpret things or spin them any way they want. The fact is, he was wrong. There were 3 receiving TDs.

Last night during the post game recap of the game and stats, Bob claimed something interesting.

He said Von Pearson scored the only Vol receiving TD last night....

?????

Didn't Downs catch a TD pass and wasn't Hurd's TD a screen pass/reception/TD???

He indeed said that. But remember, it is Bob and he is not very good at his job.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no way to spin it. Saying "only receiving touchdown" means that he said there was only one (lone) TD reception. Anybody can interpret things or spin them any way they want. The fact is, he was wrong. There were 3 receiving TDs.

Who's trying to spin it? Knowing what he said and knowing what he meant is not spinning it. It's still just as incorrect. It's just how you have to listen to Ol Slob, he's tries hard, but at the end of the day he's high school talent.

Last night during the post game recap of the game and stats, Bob claimed something interesting.

He said Von Pearson scored the only Vol receiving TD last night....

?????

Didn't Downs catch a TD pass and wasn't Hurd's TD a screen pass/reception/TD???

He could have been ACCURATELY referring to Von as the only WR to catch a TD pass last night!

No, guy, no. I was at the game....I saw three TD receptions.

He point blank said Von Pearson had the lone Vols TD reception.

He didn't word it in any kind of way that would imply your theory.....

we get it...we get it!! Bob's not perfect and you are!

If you think our radio broadcast is bad, you should try listening to some of the others. I won't mention any names, but the Florida guy is way worse than Bob.

The good thing is everyone of those touchdowns were in the "cheggarboards".

Ilisten to thr tv announcers and turned the radio off. Can't listen to Blob, I mean Bob. :)

I don't see why everyone hates on these guys. We could have Eli and Kenny or Floridas announcer... Or Auburn he sounds like a backwoods highschool announcer.

I did hear Bob use a new word regardingg tackling on the opening 3 plays and Priest should know he doesn't have to yell and bring back Andy Kelly but you guys need to listen to other stations announcers or some tv announcers and remember they arrnt so bad :p

Eli beats the hell out of Bob like a pimp on a sassy ho.

Eli beats the hell out of Bob like a pimp on a sassy ho.

I think OG makes a valid point though. I've listened to a lot of different college broadcasts, and I am always surprised, no matter what the school, at how minor league and unsophisticated they all sound. It is not just Tennessee.

Bobisms from the highlight vid alone:

-Calls the bubble screen to Smith a "wheel route"
-Calls Pig's stumble for 6 a "dive into the endzone"
-"The catch is complete"
-"He picks off the interception"
-Von's in the endzone...Bob: "Cuts it back at the 10"

He just doesn't paint an accurate picture. On Pigs touchdown he says, "dives into the end zone, touchdown", but he didn't dive or even get tackled. He walked in.

VN Store

Back