The "Student" Walkout

Then say that and not just false bs.

Yalls anger should be directed at school administration and not the students.

I agree, nobody should be mad at the students. The administrators that allowed this are the ones who opened a Pandora's box.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't have a problem with teachers and admin not punishing kids for the walkout, but the teacher who was put on leave for suggesting schools would oppose a pro-life walkout is total garbage.

If you ask for government education, you'll get government education.

My SIL was told she had to participate, she was going to stay in her classroom with any students that didn't want to participate. It wasn't optional.

My wife had the same thing happen at her middle school. It wasn't teacher or student initiated there, though. The principal wanted to do it, so he got permission from the county.

I have 2 in middle school and the contrast in reasons they were doing it and how it was covered by the national media was quite different. They were told it was to honor the victims and the coverage I saw portrayed it as "making their voices heard for politicians to encact more gun control". I warned them that they were being manipulated by people with nefarious motivations and their empathy being exploited.

Reactions: 3 people
yes. The recent event surround guns in schools

Not relevant.

*fart noises*

“The recent events”

We call that cherry picking.

“Not relevant”

If the goal is limiting student deaths, it’s 100% relevant. Or is the goal just “take their guns”?

Reactions: 2 people
if you have permission its not a protest.

Was it inappropriate for public school teachers to support and encourage students to protest on one side of a divisive political and moral issue? Why or why not?as long as they are pushing one side no. I have a real hard time believing the opposite is allowed in this case

Do you believe the support and encouragement was confined merely to allowing the students to walkout with little to no disciplinary consequences? no, i believe in some schools they were organized events.

Would it be inappropriate to allow some students to walkout of school in protest of abortion, permissive immigration policies, laws allowing homosexual marriages and civil unions, etc.?
the last point is where my first comments comes into play. and "protest" that is allowed loses a lot of umph. protests are powerful when they make a statement. look at this thread, we have not discussed the subject of the protests at all. just whether or not the kids should be doing it.

if you have permission its not a protest.

the last point is where my first comments comes into play. and "protest" that is allowed loses a lot of umph. protests are powerful when they make a statement. look at this thread, we have not discussed the subject of the protests at all. just whether or not the kids should be doing it.

Supporting the protest and allowing it was the best and safest course of action for the schools. Had they resisted they would have looked foolish and kids would have been less safe.

So Fox then? Reason would run it. Breitbart. Federalist. There are plenty of sources that would love this story.

You kind of are proving my point...

Conservative outlets might report it only to be dismissed by those on the opposite side of the equation.

He was given the option of going to study hall and he didn't.

That's the problem. The administrators decided not to teach but instead to attend the walk out and leave a couple of teachers in charge of "security" of the study hall kids.

There shouldn't be an option. The kids are at school to learn and teachers are at school to teach.

VN Store

Back