The state of Tennessee now in top 10 for 4 and 5 star prospects

Helluva visual you painted there lol

Hope you're right with the optimistic outlook.

Personally not invested enough in this site to let opinions on here sway me either way. I'll cheer if they win and complain if they lose.

I guess I am just sick of being disappointed and have decided to act like things may be getting better. If they do get better, I'll be glad, if they don't, I may just jump off the back of Neyland. Either way, we are Vol Buds.

Can you recite your source on this? I just looked at Rivals and they have 12-4 stars for 2019. They had 15-4 and 5 stars for 2018. 2017 class had 13.

I'm sure there will be a few more upgraded for 2019, but as usual your hyperbole is worthy of mocking.

247sports composite rankings.

You know the industry standard since it combines everyone's rankings.

Tennessee is a very underrated job right now. Sort of like Bama in 2006. We've had a terrible AD and bad coaches, but the fundamentals (recruiting base, facilities, etc) are stronger than ever. Similar to LSU, we also don't have major in-state competition, which is a bigger advantage than most realize. Regardless what the media says, Tennessee is a top 10 job.

I've said it before and it's been controversial, but there are maybe 20 - 25 "premier" jobs in college football and Nebraska is the toughest of them. No natural recruiting base at all. Michigan is, IMO, the 2nd toughest and the most overrated job in the US right now. Sure, they have great tradition, facilities, and resources, but there just aren't that many blue-chip recruits in Michigan and then they have to split some of those with Michigan State. Michigan has to recruit Florida and Texas to be competitive.

We're in a much better position than schools like that. We don't have the natural recruiting advantages of LSU, USC, or Miami, but we're very comparable to places like Alabama, Penn State, and Oklahoma.

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee is a very underrated job right now. Sort of like Bama in 2006. We've had a terrible AD and bad coaches, but the fundamentals (recruiting base, facilities, etc) are stronger than ever. Similar to LSU, we also don't have major in-state competition, which is a bigger advantage than most realize. Regardless what the media says, Tennessee is a top 10 job.

I've said it before and it's been controversial, but there are maybe 20 - 25 "premier" jobs in college football and Nebraska is the toughest of them. No natural recruiting base at all. Michigan is, IMO, the 2nd toughest and the most overrated job in the US right now. Sure, they have great tradition, facilities, and resources, but there just aren't that many blue-chip recruits in Michigan and then they have to split some of those with Michigan State. Michigan has to recruit Florida and Texas to be competitive.

We're in a much better position than schools like that. We don't have the natural recruiting advantages of LSU, USC, or Miami, but we're very comparable to places like Alabama, Penn State, and Oklahoma.

Agree 100%.

Tennessee is right now in the same spot Alabama was in 2006. We could easily have a dynastic run over the next 5 years.

Most of these recruits were between 6-8 years old the last time TN actually mattered in football.

It's on Fulmer and Pruitt to change that and improve the brand for future recruits. Considering Fulmer drove us into the ditch in the first place and Pruitt has never ran a program, it may be a tall order.

Wth is this drivel?

Reactions: 1 person
Agree 100%.

Tennessee is right now in the same spot Alabama was in 2006. We could easily have a dynastic run over the next 5 years.

Easily? How do you figure? By your own admission, Georgia will rule college football for the next 4 years. Saban is still at Alabama. Clemson, which for some ridiculous reason you seem to think arent that good, is still producing at an insane level. OSU is still elite.

I believe we can get much better. But going on a dynasty type of run? Highly, highly unlikely.

Tennessee Pride(Not the sausage.)is what we want(Well maybe the sausage too.). There are a lot of non Vol fans that live in Big Orange Country. I don't blame folks from inferior states moving to Tn. Better jobs with better pay will do that.

We wants sausage balls made with Tennessee Pride Hot and smokey sharp cheddar .. yes we do my precious

Reactions: 4 people
Those of us old enough to remember HS football in the early 1970s realize how far our high schools have come in their ability to build and coach winning football programs. Of course, here in MidTN, we have tens of thousands of carpetbaggers who have been making this home for a couple of decades now. Many of these parents bring their own school loyalties with them and then build families here...with the kids having very little if any loyalty to the State of Tennessee. These players often choose to accept offers elsewhere...but some of them stay home to wear orange and white on fall Saturdays.

Pruitt is gonna have to build relationships with our HS coaches, which should be pretty easy for him as he came through the HS ranks and he speaks country, aight?

I have a feeling we are gonna be fine with getting Tennessee boys to come to Tennessee.

At a party recently, some folks from up north were complaining about traffic here: "it's gotten so much worse / it wasn't near this bad, when we moved here ... SEVEN years ago."

I'm thinking, 7 years ??!! Approx 100 / day, estimated.

TENNESSEE !!

Easily? How do you figure? By your own admission, Georgia will rule college football for the next 4 years. Saban is still at Alabama. Clemson, which for some ridiculous reason you seem to think arent that good, is still producing at an insane level. OSU is still elite.

I believe we can get much better. But going on a dynasty type of run? Highly, highly unlikely.

Georgia's dynasty will end in 2020 when we beat them.

Here are the national champions over the next 5 seasons:

2018 - Ohio State or Alabama or Southern Cal
2019 - Georgia
2020 - Tennessee
2021 - whoever Justin Fields plays for
2022 - Tennessee

2019 - Georgia
2020 - Tennessee
2022 - Tennessee

You are a cartoon character.

Wth is this drivel?

If it's not on Fulmer and Pruitt to improve the UT brand and help get the progam back to championship level then who the hell is it on Chief?

Last I checked, Fulmer had never been an AD and Pruitt has never been a head coach. Nothing is guaranteed either way at this point.

2019 - Georgia
2020 - Tennessee
2022 - Tennessee

Well lets see Fields plays for Georgia. There have been rumors where he may even win the starting job from Fromm. So 2021 is Georgia, according to your logic.

So how is winning 2 national championships in 5 years considered a dynasty?

Well lets see Fields plays for Georgia. There have been rumors where he may even win the starting job from Fromm. So 2021 is Georgia, according to your logic.

So how is winning 2 national championships in 5 years considered a dynasty?

I think Fromm keeps the job for the next 2 years and forces Justin Fields to transfer. Or Fields sticks around till his senior year at Georgia in 2021 after Fromm leaves for the NFL.

Fields is the better NFL prospect but Fromm is a really good college QB. Georgia is his team right now. If I had to bet right now, I would say Fields transfers in 2020. And he'll have an epic Cam Newton-esque season in 2021 where he single-handedly leads his team to the National Title.

And yes us winning 2 titles in 3 years (2020-22) is a dynasty.

I think Fromm keeps the job for the next 2 years and forces Justin Fields to transfer. Or Fields sticks around till his senior year at Georgia in 2021 after Fromm leaves for the NFL.

Fields is the better NFL prospect but Fromm is a really good college QB. Georgia is his team right now. If I had to bet right now, I would say Fields transfers in 2020. And he'll have an epic Cam Newton-esque season in 2021 where he single-handedly leads his team to the National Title.

And yes us winning 2 titles in 3 years (2020-22) is a dynasty.

Fields will redshirt.
Brohm will leave after junior year.

Fields will take over as RS soph.

Watch out for Florida in 2019.

Always spot on didder

We're gonna be in the top 5 next year and going forward.

There are more 4 and 5-star prospects in the state of Tennessee for the class of 2019 than the classes of 2017 and 2018 COMBINED.

Look for the state of Tennessee to take its place behind only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California moving forward when it comes to instate talent.
You have been ahead of the curve on this Hoss. You said TN was poised to became a recruiting hotbed and you were 100% on the money.

Reactions: 2 people
My gut tells me Pruitt will start making top 5 classes the norm starting next year. I just hope he's ready to be the head man.

VN Store

Back