The SNL Thread.......

it is not as funny now, but it has it's moments. the peyton manning and justin timberlake shows were both pretty good.

Some of my favorites...

Billy Crystal as Fernando Lamas
"The James Brown Celebrity Hottub"
Most any skit with Phil Hartman
"NBC Cancels Star Trek"
The Church Lady

My all-time favorite is "The Death of Buckwheat".

My favorite fake commercial is the Stevie Wonder camera one.

Some of my favorites...

"NBC Cancels Star Trek"
The Church Lady

"oooowww hot tub hot" :eek:lol:

Some of my favorites...

"NBC Cancels Star Trek"
The Church Lady

That was a good one. One that you may remember, that is one of my all time favorites was the masterpiece theater bit, or whatever it was called, when Lincoln was shot. Can't find that video anywhere. My friend recorded it from tv a long time ago and we watched the hell out of that tape. It was part of a best-of airing way back when. Had Buckwheat on it too. And Marvin in the Caribbean. "So, the Iguana has returned?" And Eddie Murphy trying to teach Stevie Wonder how to play like Stevie Wonder. "What's the matter with it?"

Last edited:
i remember jim carrey and soundgarden was an excellent episode. i would love to have that on dvd.

the episode where alec baldwin is playing the dr on the soap opera and mispronouncing all the medical terms. anal canal

Some of my favorites...

Awwwwwww. It's too hot in the hot tub.

425_caveman_lawyer2.jpg

I liked the one with the family that would do anything the other members of the family would do. This milk is sour. There's a step missing going down to the basement....

That was a good one. One that you may remember, that is one of my all time favorites was the masterpiece theater bit, or whatever it was called, when Lincoln was shot. Can't find that video anywhere. My friend recorded it from tv a long time ago and we watched the hell out of that tape. It was part of a best-of airing way back when. Had Buckwheat on it too. And Marvin in the Caribbean. "So, the Iguana has returned?" And Eddie Murphy trying to teach Stevie Wonder how to play like Stevie Wonder. "What's the matter with it?"

Eddie did a pretty good Stevie Wonder. I also remember Stevie with Joe Piscopo as Sinatra trying to record "Ebony and Ivory". Stevie Wonder had a good sense of humor.

Episode where John Belushi is in a cemetary visiting the graves of all his old SNL alums. Done in black and white.
All the Blues Brothers stuff. The Belushi,Cocker. With a liitle help from my friends is classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXxlscLNTl8

Last edited:
What is your favorite SNL skit?
mine is Matt Foley: Motivational speaker

My name is Matt Foley and I am a motivational speaker. First off I am 35 years old, I am divorced, and I live in a van down by the river. Now you kids are prolly saying to yourselves "Hey I'm gonna go out and I'm gonna GET THE WORLD BY THE TAIL AND WRAP IT AROUND AND PULL IT DOWN AND PUT IT IN MY POCKET." Well I'm here to tell you that you're prolly gonna find out as you go out there, that you're not going to amount to JACK SQUAT! You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of goverment cheese and LIVIN' IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER.

VN Store

Back