The Runner's thread

It's hard to be dedicated to running and put on weight at the same time.

The average human can only eat so much reasonably healthy food a day. You need to embrace the pocket egg and carry chicken breasts or tuna with you at all times.

Lol at "pocket egg." I eat a good breakfast, lunch and dinner, snack morning and afternoon on nuts or a protein bar, drink a protein+creatine shake after working out, and usually have a little high-protein snack before bed (cottage cheese, chicken, etc). I cook extra grilled chicken or fish to keep handy and my wife makes Costco-sized batches of hard boiled eggs, as my kids like them too.

Over the past few months, I've been able to put on 10+ pounds without increasing my waist size or slowing my running pace, so that's a win for me!

Lol at "pocket egg." I eat a good breakfast, lunch and dinner, snack morning and afternoon on nuts or a protein bar, drink a protein+creatine shake after working out, and usually have a little high-protein snack before bed (cottage cheese, chicken, etc). I cook extra grilled chicken or fish to keep handy and my wife makes Costco-sized batches of hard boiled eggs, as my kids like them too.

Over the past few months, I've been able to put on 10+ pounds without increasing my waist size or slowing my running pace, so that's a win for me!

10 pounds in a few months is great. That's like a pound a week, which is a good, steady goal.

Do you count calories? I've become dedicated to counting as I'm trying to lose 10 pounds. I'll keep counting when it's time to gain weight again. I'd recommend it to have more control over your weight.

What are you aiming for? 800?

750-800 basically. I originally was somewhere around 500. I haven't been this committed to running since high school cross country where I was easily getting 50 a week.

Hope I get there, but when I start spending a lot more time on the basketball court as school ends, I will cut back the running.

2 miles last night at 8:14 pace. I ran a lot of hills in that 2 miles and I could tell it has been a while since I had a lot of hills in my course.

5 slow miles yesterday afternoon. Just now getting over being sick and it was pretty hot yesterday afternoon. Made for a pretty rough run, but I was out there trying.

Of course it comes out we can no longer run the marathon because there was a "protest" in Skopje yesterday. F*** that noise.

3.2 at 8:48 pace. Couple of nice hills for good measure. Trail 10k-ish race on Saturday morning. Should be a good time. Looking to beat my time of 1:15:XX from last year, but the course has changed and added a small section of horse trail.

VN Store

Back