The Runner's thread

2:26 for the half. What a miserable day to run! Wifey finished the full in 3:56, a personal best for her.

I think that I could've been faster, but I didn't anticipate running in that mass of humanity.

Edit: about 20 minutes of my time was walking

Way to go man, that's awesome. Are you going to keep up with the running? Maybe shoot for the full next year with the Mrs?

One humorous thing I saw today was a Thai restaurant named "Phoo Ket". Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! By the looks of the place, I guarantee they're deep frying cats and dogs.

While I was running I was imagining the chef saying, "out of shicken? Phooket! Cook the kitty!"

I hurts for a few days. Be aware well worth it

I took three days off, but I didn't hurt nearly as bad as I expected. My trail half felt way worse, but then again, some of those hills were true hikes just to get up. The full though is still one of my proudest monents. Of course, it was just a month ago.

Falling too far down on the page.

3.5 trail run yesterday afternoon. Was a slow pace. 7:45. Legs were feeling bad yesterday for some reason.

One humorous thing I saw today was a Thai restaurant named "Phoo Ket". Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! By the looks of the place, I guarantee they're deep frying cats and dogs.

While I was running I was imagining the chef saying, "out of shicken? Phooket! Cook the kitty!"

In Atlanta Buford Highway runs through Chamblee but there is about a ten mile stretch it the locals call "Chambodia" because all the signs are in either Vietnamese or some other Southeast Asian language.... Along this stretch there is a place called "My Dung" videos....

BTW.... My visit to the Doc went better than expected. Tendonitis and bone spurs... No fractures of any kind. Got some anti imflammation meds and if I want to do anything about the spurs I can get it 'scoped...I'm good to run (ice before & after) so I'm really happy about that.

In Atlanta Buford Highway runs through Chamblee but there is about a ten mile stretch it the locals call "Chambodia" because all the signs are in either Vietnamese or some other Southeast Asian language.... Along this stretch there is a place called "My Dung" videos....

BTW.... My visit to the Doc went better than expected. Tendonitis and bone spurs... No fractures of any kind. Got some anti imflammation meds and if I want to do anything about the spurs I can get it 'scoped...I'm good to run (ice before & after) so I'm really happy about that.

That's good news bluetick. Did the doc say anything about the bone spurs causing pain during or after running?

That's good news bluetick. Did the doc say anything about the bone spurs causing pain during or after running?

He mentioned that it may cause discomfort while running or walking but didn't really let on that it was a big deal. The tendonitis won't go away because I'm constantly on my feet all day.. Hopefully the meds will take care of it. For the time being, I'm going to hold off on having the spurs dealt with.

Headed to Ft. Walton Beach FL on Thursday afternoon for a week of vacation. Anybody know of any good trails to run in the surrounding area? TIA.

Headed to Ft. Walton Beach FL on Thursday afternoon for a week of vacation. Anybody know of any good trails to run in the surrounding area? TIA.

I haven't been to Destin/FWB in several years now (Seagrove/Seaside) is much more relaxing and "family-friendly" for an old fart like me with a young daughter.... Most of the areas I run down there aren't exactly "trail running" areas as I know them so much as they are sandy paths with great views of the gulf... If you haven't been there yet, be sure to check out McGuire's Irish pub in Destin. I always chuckled to myself whenever I went there and saw Marcus Outzen's autographed $1.00 bill stapled to the wall....

I haven't been to Destin/FWB in several years now (Seagrove/Seaside) is much more relaxing and "family-friendly" for an old fart like me with a young daughter.... Most of the areas I run down there aren't exactly "trail running" areas as I know them so much as they are sandy paths with great views of the gulf... If you haven't been there yet, be sure to check out McGuire's Irish pub in Destin. I always chuckled to myself whenever I went there and saw Marcus Outzen's autographed $1.00 bill stapled to the wall....

My wife's aunt has condo in Seaside... ever eaten at Bruno's?

My wife's aunt has condo in Seaside... ever eaten at Bruno's?

No, but we're going down there mid-July. Thanks for the heads up! There's a burger joint down there called flip-flop's that has an Angus gorgonzola cheeseburger that is out of this world, and Angelina's has the best pizza I've ever eaten in the Southeast US. (Hard to top authentic New York style pies, imo....).

No, but we're going down there mid-July. Thanks for the heads up! There's a burger joint down there called flip-flop's that has an Angus gorgonzola cheeseburger that is out of this world, and Angelina's has the best pizza I've ever eaten in the Southeast US. (Hard to top authentic New York style pies, imo....).

Got to Bruno's for lunch. It's a pizza buffet. All you can eat pizza for 7.99 including drink and it's some of the best if not the best pizza I have ever had.

3.5 trail run. 7:14 pace. It was a mainly flat trail but it felt good. Headed to Florida tomorrow. Plan on keeping my running schedule while down there.

Was supposed to do hill repeats yesterday but lost all motivation once the sun went down.

played basketball from 7-10 and worked out from 10:15-11:30

one thing I realized about today is that I am not over the music city run in the rain yet...legs still hurt

3.8 on the beach today. 7:35 pace. First time I have ran any real distance on the beach. I am going to feel it tomorrow.

I never liked running on the beach... There's usually a slope to it that puts extra strain on the ankles...if it's flat it's not so bad and actually is supposed to be good for building endurance...

BTW... I'm back in the game... 1.5 miles slow and easy last tuesday.... I felt so good I went for just over 3 miles thursday and will try an easy 2 or 2.5 mile loop tonight, provided the thunderstorms stay away.

VN Store

Back