The Runner's thread

3.2 miles tonight. 7:28 pace. Pace is coming back down. I need got start doing my intervals again to help continue to improve my pace.

Finished 3 miles today. Same results as Friday. Still can't make 1 mile without stopping (when I say stopping I mean running, I at least keep walking). My legs aren't getting tired or sore at all, I just can't seem to breathe fast enough and my heart rate feels like its about 195.

3.2 miles tonight. 7:28 pace. Pace is coming back down. I need got start doing my intervals again to help continue to improve my pace.

My new goal is to some day give a crap about how long it takes me to run a mile. Right now I'm only concerned with cardiac arrest.

7 minutes seems pretty dang good to me. Good job!

I have never heard of this. Where do you get it? GNC?

It is a direct sales company led by world-renowned naturopathic Dr. Lindsey Duncan. Check out the website Genesis PURE. I was skeptical, at first, but now take the daily regimen and use the GPS products exclusively. If you are interested, let me know.

My new goal is to some day give a crap about how long it takes me to run a mile. Right now I'm only concerned with cardiac arrest.

7 minutes seems pretty dang good to me. Good job!

:lolabove: Like I said before everyone has to start somewhere and everyone runs at their own pace. The main thing is to finish your runs and then work your way up to finishing your runs by running the entire time.

Finished 3 miles today. Same results as Friday. Still can't make 1 mile without stopping (when I say stopping I mean running, I at least keep walking). My legs aren't getting tired or sore at all, I just can't seem to breathe fast enough and my heart rate feels like its about 195.

What was the treadmill set at?

Anyone running in the Knoxville Marathon on April 7? I'm planning to run my first Half. Sucks that Color Me Rad is the day prior...talk about some poor planning.

I'm supposed to run again today at 4. It's too cold though. I can't imagine sucking on freezing air is healthy.

I may just drag myself to the gym and make an attempt at a treadmill.

I haven't been running in over two months because of this weather. By the time I get home the sun has gone down. It's going to take me at least two months to get back to where I was which was about 3 miles a day, 5 days a week. This depresses me but I hate working out in gyms. I guess I could attempt walking at night. You're pretty brave though. I can't handle that air burning my lungs.

I haven't been running in over two months because of this weather. By the time I get home the sun has gone down. It's going to take me at least two months to get back to where I was which was about 3 miles a day, 5 days a week. This depresses me but I hate working out in gyms. I guess I could attempt walking at night. You're pretty brave though. I can't handle that air burning my lungs.

The cold air sucks for the first few weeks running in cold weather but once you get to a certain point it doesn't hurt any more. I don't like running on a tread mill. I would much rather be outside. It is kind of depressing though to get home about 530 and it almost be dark or starting to get dark.

The cold air sucks for the first few weeks running in cold weather but once you get to a certain point it doesn't hurt any more. I don't like running on a tread mill. I would much rather be outside. It is kind of depressing though to get home about 530 and it almost be dark or starting to get dark.

Yeah I'm thinking I may just have to get back at it because I'm really itching for a run. It feels weird when I haven't been in a while...like something's missing. I think I may start tonight and just do a fast walk or something so I can build myself back up. Screw winter!

Yeah I'm thinking I may just have to get back at it because I'm really itching for a run. It feels weird when I haven't been in a while...like something's missing. I think I may start tonight and just do a fast walk or something so I can build myself back up. Screw winter!

That's the spirit!! :lol:

Running in winter is not that bad if you dress accordingly. I find as long as I wear a hat and gloves I'm fine. I even run with shorts on unless it is below 30.

Ran outside. It wasn't that bad at 4:00.

One reason that I want to avoid treadmills is that I have no idea how to work one.

Lol. Hit quick start. Set the grade to at least 1% and go.

Marathon training is as much mental as physical. Never forget that. Right now your goal is to finish a marathon. Don't worry about walking. A lot of marathoners walk at least some portion of the race. The key is to train your body and mind to handle 26 miles no matter what the speed is. You can worry about your time on your second marathon. If Oprah's fat butt could complete a marathon so can you.

Marathon training is as much mental as physical. Never forget that. Right now your goal is to finish a marathon. Don't worry about walking. A lot of marathoners walk at least some portion of the race. The key is to train your body and mind to handle 26 miles no matter what the speed is. You can worry about your time on your second marathon. If Oprah's fat butt could complete a marathon so can you.

Amen to that brother

Marathon training is as much mental as physical. Never forget that. Right now your goal is to finish a marathon. Don't worry about walking. A lot of marathoners walk at least some portion of the race. The key is to train your body and mind to handle 26 miles no matter what the speed is. You can worry about your time on your second marathon.If Oprah's fat butt could complete a marathon so can you.

Wow! I have never been so deeply and thoroughly insulted like that before. That might just be the motivation that I need.

Running again on Friday.

1.52 real slow and easy today, 16:20. My girlfriend is going to start coming with me on my short days so I'll be keeping it really slow. That's a good thing though, I think I'm doing most of my runs too fast.

4 miles today in 28:31. Had a negative split on the way in, so happy with that.

Anyone running in the Knoxville Marathon on April 7? I'm planning to run my first Half. Sucks that Color Me Rad is the day prior...talk about some poor planning.

I opted for the Country Music Half in Nashville at the end of April instead of the Knoxville. I'm am planning to do a few Knoxville Track Club events in Feb and March though leading up to my half.

4 miles today in 28:31. Had a negative split on the way in, so happy with that.

I opted for the Country Music Half in Nashville at the end of April instead of the Knoxville. I'm am planning to do a few Knoxville Track Club events in Feb and March though leading up to my half.

I'm thinking about doing the Greenways 5k in March, you looked into it?

My sis in law usually runs the half. I might come down and run the 5k just to finish in Neyland. that seems like it would be cool.

My sis in law usually runs the half. I might come down and run the 5k just to finish in Neyland. that seems like it would be cool.

I'm going to have to look into this. That sounds awesome.

Went running for the first time in forever last night. Was more of a run-walk ordeal. Lol. It felt good but I have definitely lost my stamina. The air wasn't that bad just have to get back into my regular pace.

VN Store

Back