The Rock/Metal Thread

You got me on a Gojira kick this morning 79

I've started up an indie label within the last couple of months. One of the bands we have on there recorded in Gojira's studio, Silver Cord. Label I've been working on lately: Donkey Military

Still have a lot to work on, but we're getting there.

I've been trying to find other bands who want to join a label. So I've been listening to a lot of lesser known artists lately. I ran into one from Atlanta, but then found out a friend who helps me with the label already knows them and they had just signed with someone else. Their album 'Leather' has a lot of diverse tracks on it. I'm not even sure how to classify them. Or if they even fit in this thread...

I also wish my friend Wes' band was still around. Nashville band. He's been working on other projects lately but they were very good and underrated.

Reactions: dduncan4163

I really need to get into Rush at some point. I've yet to sit down and give it the proper respect. What album do you think I should start with?
Signals and Hold Your Fire are my two favorites but most hardcore Rush fans will tell you 2112 and Moving Pictures

Reactions: LucidZ

From the same year I was at Ozzfest. Really nice Dimmu Borgir set. I remember it was mostly old heads surrounding us who were waiting for bands like Judas Priest and Black Sabbath to come on stage. Only so many people were getting into it, including me and my friend. We were standing up when a lot were sitting down and it earned us a couple of nods and some devil horns from Vortex, their bass player.

[VIDEO=]

Reactions: dduncan4163
[VIDEO=]

Reactions: FLVOL_79

Label is doing a SXSW showcase this year. Trying to cover the rest of the spots with some bands who will be there. Think we might have just picked these guys up for the show. Cool garage rock band from Birmingham, UK. I'm pretty sure our show is free for anyone who finds their way down to Austin this March.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back