The Right Coach, Getting The Right Players

I will agree that Fulmer was a great recruiter, but I will not agree that he was a great coach.

You can't let one national title that I personally think was more about Cutcliffe than Fulmer cloud your judgement about how good Fulmer was .

Then if you throw in his stint as AD it gets even worse and I will always believe that he did more to harm this program out of his own vanity and a desire to pass Neyland as the winningest coach is school history.

Clemson stepped into the void left by Fulmer and had great success.

I think the conference is much stronger overall today
It is and Fulmer was never going to win consistently. He and his supporters can blame anyone they like but Fulmer got lazy and complacent and it cost him. He was a good coach when he was dialed in.

I will agree that Fulmer was a great recruiter, but I will not agree that he was a great coach.

You can't let one national title that I personally think was more about Cutcliffe than Fulmer cloud your judgement about how good Fulmer was .

Then if you throw in his stint as AD it gets even worse and I will always believe that he did more to harm this program out of his own vanity and a desire to pass Neyland as the winningest coach is school history.

Clemson stepped into the void left by Fulmer and had great success.
Entirely right. Clemson even recruited the same regions well that had led to Tennessee’s success.

Fulmer had two 5-7 seasons his last 3 years.
So no he wasn't doing that anymore.
He had 2 5 win season in his last 4* years, sandwiched in between was a 9-4 and a 10-4 record. I still think it was time for him to move on. Just setting the record straight.

Heup is on the right path, time will tell. None of us can predict the future.

Reactions: 901 Orange
In today's SEC, if he can avg. 9-10 wins a year, that would be very good. Anything above that would be great. 8 wins should be the floor.
So, are we saying having a Mark Stoops 2.0 (not that I think Josh Heupel fits that description) is acceptable? I personally have higher expectations for our program.

VN Store

Back