The Right Coach, Getting The Right Players

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
We just might have the kind of coach that should be at Tennessee. And as a consequence, we're getting the right players that should be here. It remains to be seen, but I think Josh may end up being legendary as a coach here. Not just in wins, but in the class of former players' achievements and contributions beyond foootball.

After hearing Saban & Smart preacing against NIL the Portal and player development, I immediately thought about CJH and how he adjusted to the change. Those two coaches brought in top talent with little fear of them leaving because of transfer rules. In essence, they caged the talent and more than likely paid them. No more so now they complain. CJH has created a great environment to enhance player development in a family environment.

Fulmer had two 5-7 seasons his last 3 years.
So no he wasn't doing that anymore.
Just for accuracy, it was 1 5-6 season followed by a 9 win and then a 10 win season before his 5-7 swansong. So history was on his side for a rebound. As I have stated over and over, I had no problem with him putting his job in jeopardy, but you cannot defend the results of him being ousted and replaced by a mercenary who sold us out and led to the succession of lessor talented coaches. We got the risk end of the risk reward potential. It was a no brains mistake to let him go without a no-brainer already on speed dial.

Multiple times he hit is previous low of 8 wins, go check out how many times this was and was not followed by double digit wins, several times for multiple year strings. No, there is no support for a return to his dominance of mid 90's to mid 2000's, but needed an intelligent replacement plan and it did not exist.

We just might have the kind of coach that should be at Tennessee. And as a consequence, we're getting the right players that should be here. It remains to be seen, but I think Josh may end up being legendary as a coach here. Not just in wins, but in the class of former players' achievements and contributions beyond foootball.

"Legendary"? Maybe he should win the SEC once first.....

Reactions: Rocky Top T
"Legendary"? Maybe he should win the SEC once first.....
It appears we are in a way, saying the same thing.
It remains to be seen, but I think Josh may end up being legendary as a coach here.
Ahhh, football season really is back.

Look back at '97. Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis started against Georgia that year. Let's go Coach Heupel!!

I think the conference is much stronger overall today
It’s stronger than it’s ever been. And if we end up getting an ACC team like UNC, FSU or Clemson? Then it becomes even tougher. Imagine if Fulmer would have had to go through what Heupel has had since coming to the SEC?

Reactions: Rocky Top T

VN Store

Back