The Official Washington Nationals Thread

Scored a run in the 9th, finally over the .500 mark !

:fireworks:

<3 Espinosa.

Managers don't do a whole lot. Riggleman situation was still odd.

we're 11 games back.
Our record in the NL Central has us 3 back.

I just don't think you can completely scratch divisions

Why not, when they more or less let teams that are middle of the pack into the playoffs ahead of more deserving clubs, based on geography?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You'd probably get less teams like the Marlins, Rockies and Diamondbacks in the playoffs. Instead of competing against 1 or 2 teams with huge payrolls in your division for a playoff spot, now you're competing against 5 or 6 huge payrolls for every playoff spot. Obviously they'll still make it sometimes but I think it will be less often. We won't have to worry about the Yankees or Red Sox ever missing the playoffs. I'm sure you'd like that though :p

Why not, when they more or less let teams that are middle of the pack into the playoffs ahead of more deserving clubs, based on geography?

Also, I don't think spending more money means a team is more deserving. If there is going to be no salary cap, I like that divisions can balance out the field for some of the smaller markets. Eliminating the division just opens the floodgates for the highest spenders to essentially be guaranteed a playoff spot.

You'd probably get less teams like the Marlins, Rockies and Diamondbacks in the playoffs. Instead of competing against 1 or 2 teams with huge payrolls in your division for a playoff spot, now you're competing against 5 or 6 huge payrolls for every playoff spot. Obviously they'll still make it sometimes but I think it will be less often. We won't have to worry about the Yankees or Red Sox ever missing the playoffs. I'm sure you'd like that though :p
Then contract. That simple. If you can't pay for a team, sell it. Competing puts butts in seats, which creates revenue, which goes to payroll.

I have no sympathy for clubs that play for 12,000 a night .

I kinda feel bad for Werth, that the Nationals were dumb enough to put that offer on the table when he was more or less a product of the lineup he was in.

VN Store

Back