The Official UT vs. UGA Game Thread.

I for one am damn proud of this team tonight did the mistake mistakes? Yes lots of them
but they fought to the bitter and came within a touchdown of Number 5 Georgia on the road. Hurts like hell to lose like that but keep wearing the orange with pride

If I can translate what you are saying:
1) A bad first quarter (kinda reminds me of some of the CPF teams that played a lollipop halfassed the week before and then took a quarter to realize they were actually in a game).
2) A lot of mistakes. 3 on D cost us dearly. Eliminate two of those and we win.
3) Dropped passes that SHOULD have been caught and passes thrown behind the receiver that SHOULD have been completed. About 2 of each really stand out, there were more.
4) Missed PAT and FG. Both should have been made. Those combined with CP's drop are 11.
5) THESE GUYS PLAYED UNTIL THE END. PERIOD. On the road, against the #5 team in the country, with about 500 fans in the stands, THEY PLAYED TO THE END. First time I have seen this IN YEARS!
6) Sum it up, if we had all the points back that we handed them and some of the D mistakes, we have 11 more and they have 7 - 14 less. Makes it either 55 - 37 or 55-44, our way.

I was not surprised that we lost. I was surprised that we got our clocks cleaned and went down 27-10. I was astounded that we came back to lead in the first half. I was pleased with the way that the team ended up the game. I am unhappy losing to them because I HATE mistakes and we clearly could have handed them a loss and for them, a big loss.

Mark Richt, with his little smart ass remark after the game has just become my 2nd most hated coach in the SEC after the doofus at Vandy. I had always thought that even though he was a little clueless he was a standup guy. He is a prick, end of story. I hope he looses to FL and SC and they run his stink ass out of town. I can't say how big a DIC* he is.

Reactions: 1 person
Notice there isn't an example included here. Thin roster still learning a new scheme, which came up with a few big stops, and got exposed where they were either thin on depth/talent knowledge but gave their all for four quarters, against the best offense they have faced so far and may face this year. This isn't Madden with "easy" turned on.

:good!::good!:

Still a ways to go, but significant improvement tonight. Last years team would have looked at 27-10 and turned it into 44-13. I'm proud of them and I hope to see more improvement, maybe a win over USCjr and a competitive Third Saturday.

Correct a few D mistakes, get the O in sync for the whole game, play like we did for the LAST 3 quarters, and we don't lose again except maybe to Bama. How many times can this team come back from a VERY emotional loss? They have to learn to win.

D will improve all season, and our O could play much better than we did today.

What we did was show we can run the ball on top SEC D's. If we duplicate that running effort and take care of the ball we win...not to mention improve on D.

We beat Miss St by 2 td's and upset one of Bama or SC.

Like your thoughts Eric!

I have never expected that our team would suddenly spike to the level where we would beat a top ranked team (from the SEC no less), on their turf, just out of the blue. Sure, we would all LOVE that, but this is a rebuilding process folks, lets keep all of that in perspective. What I took from this game is that the Vols are on the upswing. We do have what it takes to return to old form. Right now, my biggest concern is that our opponents easily realize that offense likes to throw the ball. They are ready for that (Georgia certainly was) and it is hurting us. I love a good aerial show, but it has to come with the balance of a running game too. If you just look at the stats, Bray attempted 20 more passes than Murray so in my mind, one has to expect that we would end up with a few more INTs than Georgia. But I actually think the two teams play close in their stats. Yes, their rushing yards were much better, but UGa turned the ball over almost as much as we did. Both QBs fumbled. Both kickers missed XPs. Our special teams did better (not a great show but in numbers it was better). Receiving was dead even. SO all in all, given that we are rebuilding and UGa is not, I am happy with the overall performance and recognize we can do better. But the good news is, better than THIS will mean that UT is headed for a GREAT team.

Unfortunately, the only stat that really matters is the W. Keep it up guys....we will get there.

Game day thread? This is the first real one that I participated in. LOL.. I would post a reply and it would show up 2-3 pages AFTER the statement I was replying too.. Emotional roller coaster yesterday. LOL... I would have to skip pages just to keep up.

Eventually, I had to just close the macbook...lol

VN Store

Back