The Official UGA @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. March 29 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. March 30 5PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. March 31 2PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Heard the LadySoftVols won today. And Drewbydoo is doing alright, too.
Nice and thank you. I'm really looking forward to the late hoops game and time with my friends and gf. I kinda like not knowing everyone in my apartment or who is staying the night and who isn't.

I love this time of year and have been waiting to see some green on the trees past the outfield in Nashville and more of the same in Atlanta.

haha: I was the butt of many dong and dongless jokes because everyone else was rooting for UGA. Which....? Actually was pretty fun and funny imo.

On to the hoops board or The Pub and let that kind of self scroll while I make some snacks for the UT hoops game.

The 2:20 tip time on Sunday will probably hurt attendance at the baseball game.
I'll be there by golly! Christ is Risen! BBall in the Elite 8! And I will be sitting in 80 degrees watching my beloved Baseball Vols play! Family dinner after that, man, what a day it will be !!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

As far as last night's game goes........Flush it!

AJ didn't have it, and by the time I ate my first hotdog in the top of the 2nd it was over. We were due. Been a long time since any one has handed one to us.
Win today, and the odds for winning the series goes to 80%.

I'll be interested to see how this team responds to being humiliated. In this league, you don't need to be losing any home series. Yeah, I know about last year, but personally, I'd like to avoid being sent to places like USM again. Let's hope we pull a bama and pull out a series win.
If we can’t win this series, we may have to start worrying about being a tournament team at all. Yes I know we rallied from a 5-10 start last year. But we haven’t even hit the hardest part of the schedule yet. Last year’s schedule was much more frontloaded. This year we still have to go to Auburn, Kentucky, Florida, and Vandy, and host LSU.

If we can’t win this series, we may have to start worrying about being a tournament team at all. Yes I know we rallied from a 5-10 start last year. But we haven’t even hit the hardest part of the schedule yet. Last year’s schedule was much more frontloaded. This year we still have to go to Auburn, Kentucky, Florida, and Vandy, and host LSU.
Hate to think that way, but given the schedule, it's not such a stretch. Losing a home series is bad, bad juju in this conference. Pressure is on. Let's see what this team is made of. I'm still wondering who the leaders are on this team. We've got a lot of talent, but who's the heart and soul?

Reactions: Volfan1000
Truly poor performance, especially pitching. Knew that Dawgs could bang the ball, but....YIKES! o_O
I left to hit golfballs in the 3rd inning. First time I can remember, I gave up on the Vols. When Tony left Causey in to take his beating, I figured if Tony has given up, I might as well get a little exercise before the basketball game.

I am the King of being over dramatic but these next two are critical to how the season is going to go. I am an unabashed SEC supremacist, and I can't be told that 13 teams shouldn't be in the top 25. Winning series on the road is going to be next to impossible and losing a home series is a good way to finish in the lower half of the conference. Frank needs to work some magic because days are going to come where the bats aren't mashing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I left to hit golfballs in the 3rd inning. First time I can remember, I gave up on the Vols. When Tony left Causey in to take his beating, I figured if Tony has given up, I might as well get a little exercise before the basketball game.
OK, did you hit 'em straight? I can ask because I gave up golf 3 years ago after 60 years of frustration.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back