The Official Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread

I stop taking posts seriously when it turns to the refs beat us angle...Good teams overcome that stuff and the Vols were playing at home on Senior Night for 2nd place in the East...No reason for their lack of energy or hustle...Ky just out-hustled UT and went hard for all the 50-50 balls today...

The one thing I agree with you on is had UT come to play they would have had close to a 20 point halftime lead but they didn't come ready to play...

And...Do you really think UT was "running on all cylinders" in the first half ?

You know, maybe just maybe, playing away from home in the SECT may be just what the Vols need...But just like you said, "let's talk about what is actually happening and not deal in what if's."...

I tend to side with you on the "refs beating us angle", but man, you have to be honest with yourself, it's been BAD this year, at least foul wise. Other things are understandable sometimes, but the foul situation is NO FLUKE.

I think Tennessee was running on as many cylinders as they have in the 1st half, except for hopson. I mean, shoot, even Tatum was looking kinda good, and that's quite a feat.

I'm hoping this team feels some sort of entitlement for a bye, and when they come to grips with the fact that they don't have one, maybe a stroke of anger will hit this team. It's great and all if you can do it in practice, but as we've seen on the court, any SEC team can beat us, so it's not necessarily in a positive direction if the team is looking good in practice.

On another note, Josh Bone and Melvin Goins and even Cam Tatum were playing SUFFOCATING D, and I even saw Harris drift out to the top to play some good Defense as well. That's the only way we can win, is if we keep these games in the 50's and 60's.

Either way, today is over, we have to win regardless of seed to win the tournament, so let's take that first step and BEAT SOMEONE!

You can't run on all cylinders if you don't have the right fuel being pumped in. You can't put diesel in a gas engine and expect it to run. Recruits and system. System and recruits. Which is it? Pearl is good at one system - running and pressing. The players he recruited can't play that system well, yet, I am not sure they can play well in a half court system either. Pearl can't coach a half court game. His offensive sets in the half court are plain vanilla and easy to defend.

The first half went well. We were playing tight D and running at every opportunity. So what did he do - sub us right out of rhythm. It's the same story every game. 11 players in the game with significant minutes. UK played 8 with 7 getting significant minutes. Knight played all 40. Hall is the only one that contributed offensively off the bench. Why expect it to be any different? They win, we lose. Next.

VN Store

Back