The Official Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 3:30 pm ET, CBS

Typical Butch postgame:

"No one wants to hear it but we're getting closer with our roster. With this young team, the margin of victory is so slim. We're not gonna let negativity creep in this locker room. We have to protect these players."

Please protect them from your pathetic coaching and loser mentality.

Tell me he didn't say that...

Reactions: 2 people
Little rock. We just had our fourth child, so earlier season games are no-go's but hopefully with a new job and proper preparation (family sitters etc) late season may work better.

Also, I'm a little gunshy about arkansas. They 07' game was in Fayetteville less than a month (approx) back from Ramadi haha. I got to watch Darin McFadden run for 2 tds, throw for nine, and kick 2 50+ yard field goals. So I get twitchy having to watch arkansas haha

Oh yeah, he also threw a 43 yard td to HIMSELF. It sucked.

If you want Ark let me know and I'll meet you in Nashville on your way through.

I'm done with game threads. Someone can do it.

That's too bad. I enjoyed reading them. But, I can't blame you. In between posting on Volnation, I have an Excel spreadsheet up calculating the cost/benefit of renewing my tickets for next year, or dropping my donation and simply selling off most of the games in lieu of attending. Either one saves me money until this staff can put their money where their mouth is.

Edit: Fixed grammatical error.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I was going to go to the Arkansas or Georgia game this year. I guess instead I'll go to an additional Cardinals playoff game.

Thanks Butch for making my decision easy.

Typical Butch postgame:

"No one wants to hear it but we're getting closer with our roster. With this young team, the margin of victory is so slim. We're not gonna let negativity creep in this locker room. We have to protect these players."

Please protect them from your pathetic coaching and loser mentality.

They are close to nothing.

By the way Butch was practicing his excuses on xm radio days before the game.

"We're so young".... It isnt working any more. Good head coaches are competing for NC games in yr 3.

Reactions: 4 people
I've blasted coaching decisions tonight but let me make sure my stance is on record:

I haven't given up on this staff and stick to my guns that next year we should dominate. It's always been 2016 for me due to our schedule and Butchs recruits being Soph and Jr's (I don't count the first class that he had to hold together DD recruits). I think any coach needs that time to be fairly judged after the mess he inherited...especially considering the job he's done in recruiting.

But, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. If he's not going to take blame in front of the media the fine; I get it. But I pray that deep inside he can see his in game errors and correct them.

Funny how UF has two true freshmen O-linemen who kept our "best in the SEC" pass rush DL in check. I thought youth made it hard to win.

Reactions: 3 people
I've blasted coaching decisions tonight but let me make sure my stance is on record:

I haven't given up on this staff and stick to my guns that next year we should dominate. It's always been 2016 for me due to our schedule and Butchs recruits being Soph and Jr's (I don't count the first class that he had to hold together DD recruits). I think any coach needs that time to be fairly judged after the mess he inherited...especially considering the job he's done in recruiting.

But, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. If he's not going to take blame in front of the media the fine; I get it. But I pray that deep inside he can see his in game errors and correct them.

We should be 4-0 and nationally ranked right now. We are 2-2 and a national embarrassment. Not because these kids are too young, but because we hired a coach who knows nothing about winning on the biggest stages.

I cant wait to see how many recruits we lose over these last two weeks.

Who wants to play for a coach that cant win?

We should be 4-0 and nationally ranked right now. We are 2-2 and a national embarrassment. Not because these kids are too young, but because we hired a coach who knows nothing about winning on the biggest stages.

I cant wait to see how many recruits we lose over these last two weeks.

Who wants to play for a coach that cant win?

Oh..im definitely concerned. Just haven't jumped ship. I don't let this staff off the hook at all, in fact, they get most of the blame. But it is true that with a couple players making plays we do sit at 4-0 and this message board is totally different.

Oh..im definitely concerned. Just haven't jumped ship. I don't let this staff off the hook at all, in fact, they get most of the blame. But it is true that with a couple players making plays we do sit at 4-0 and this message board is totally different.

One foot to the left tonight on the last play and we win. I do think the O did its part.

OK, maybe 18 inches. Still I'm pretty confused about why this game came down to the wire.
Got the gut feeling it shouldn't have.

Tennessee just lost to a FR qb, 3 FR OL, no running backs, a defense fielding a bunch of backups from injuries, and a first year head coach. A HORRIBLE UF team (atm).

Please tell.us why they should dominate next year when even the veteran players are blowing the game and Butch is avg-ing 5 retardeddecisions a game?

VN Store

Back