The Official Tennessee vs. #11 South Carolina Game Thread, 12pm ET(10/19/13), ESPN

This is my last post on the matter. I had no confidence we were going to win the game. This was obVious by my post. I could not be more thrilled that I was wrong. This hopefully will be the game that gets us over the hump to where it'll be expected rather than an anomaly when it happens. In my opinion when one has doubt whether his team comes out on top especially when history is against you, does not make you a quitter or less of a fan. Even when I thought we were going to lose I was still screaming at the TV and cussing the refs (even though it had no bearing on the game).

As to lunch, I seriously doubt you want to have lunch with a low life, piece of trash, quitter of a Vol fan that I am. :hi:

Yellow Flag - 15 Yards - Unnecessary whining.

Give it a rest - We won.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm very happy to say I predicted vols would losing streak to gamecocks which is what happened ending the long losing streak.

The vols made it dramatic, and showed that they know how to finish and win a game.
A great comeback win, and in your face to any doubters that thought in a rebuilding year vols wouldn't get a major win.

I've been out of the country since last Saturday with my wife on vacation. I knew I was going to miss this game so I set my DVR.

I didn't get back into Charlotte until around midnight and turned the game in as soon as I got home. I just finished watching us beat South Carolina and it's close to 3AM.

So proud of the way the VOLS played today. Couple thoughts from the game:

1 - the crowd was awesome today. NEYLAND was rocking and the crowd caused SC to take TOs and several Delay of game penalties.

2 - Tiny was a little too juiced to start the game and Clowney got the best of him in the 1st qtr. tiny shut him down the rest of the game.

3 - Great effort by the defense. They seemed face a TO after ever big play by SC (fumble after the Davis run in the 1st, and int after the Shaw run in the 3rd). All made several great plays to make SC go 3 & out.

4 - We were very persistent in running the ball and the OLine got great push all game.

5 - Spurrier is an idiot. He has to take blame for that loss just as much as the team. Horrible play calling in the 1st half and REALLY dumb move to use 2 of his TOs to try to catch us off guard in the 4th when he was on his own 20.

6 - Palardy is the man! His punts and KOs were money all game and he banged home some tough FGs. Even more impressive for him to come back after missing one in the 2nd half.

Great win for the VOLS! I'm not sure I've ever been this amped at 3AM for some Tennessee football!

GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!

For once we had the better Oline in a game!

Hurd/Dobbs express looking good.

Just need to start getting more mid-deep passes to keep opponents from crowding line of scrimmage.

We had the edge on runs all night and up the middle wasn't half bad either!

Other than a few good plays...bad week for Lane.

VN Store

Back