The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

The draft was okay. Who in our division did we have a better draft than? I don’t think anyone
JMO but this isn't the right way to look at it. The question is did we close the gap get on par with our division.

The answer to that is absolutely, we now have one of of not the best wr groupings, cb grouping, improved o line. And added depth.

Reactions: NashVol11
JMO but this isn't the right way to look at it. The question is did we close the gap get on par with our division.

The answer to that is absolutely, we now have one of of not the best wr groupings, cb grouping, improved o line. And added depth.

I think trades and free agency did help close the gap. But the draft? No. The draft may have expanded the gap.

I don’t think our CBs are one of the best. But our #1 CB is one of the best.

Not sure we improved the oline. Not convinced we should expect much from a rookie LT who is moving from RT in his first year. He may be great eventually, but I doubt he will be this season

Not sure we improved the oline. Not convinced we should expect much from a rookie LT who is moving from RT in his first year. He may be great eventually, but I doubt he will be this season
Did you watch the last few games of the season? Of course we improved the OL, the question is how much? We also signed a starting center.

Reactions: SlipKidVol and CPA
Did you watch the last few games of the season? Of course we improved the OL, the question is how much? We also signed a starting center.

I like a lot of what they did this off-season (cb, wr, etc). But we shouldn’t have high expectations for a rookie left tackle who is moving from RT in college. Even good/great LTs struggle in year one.

It’s likely that we will get below average if not really poor play at LT and below average play at RT too. Skoronski was below average last season too (granted he was a rookie). And I personally don’t know who they intend to play at RG.

We should expect to have one of the worst offensive lines again this season

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I like a lot of what they did this off-season (cb, wr, etc). But we shouldn’t have high expectations for a rookie left tackle who is moving from RT in college. Even good/great LTs struggle in year one.

It’s likely that we will get below average if not really poor play at LT and below average play at RT too. Skoronski was below average last season too (granted he was a rookie). And I personally don’t know who they intend to play at RG.

Does this take into account who was on his left and right? Because they were dog water and I'm sure made him significantly worse.

Exactly! Johnny Unitas could not have found success behind that OL from last year. It was 100% chuck and duck. Much of it on a short hot route.

Hope we are improved this year. Would be hard to be worse.

But, still below average.

The receivers can be great, but very limited if the QB only has time for ten yard routes.

Fingers crossed for improvements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol8188
I take back something I said. We did not close the gap in the off season. Anyone who thinks we did, look at what Houston did.

Adding Diggs and Mixon on offense
Henderson and Daniel Hunter on defense

And a very solid draft class

I take back something I said. We did not close the gap in the off season. Anyone who thinks we did, look at what Houston did.

We won 6 games last year. We closed the gap. But yeah Houston is obviously better than us.

From The Athletic:

Titans rookie DT T’Vondre Sweat was “the biggest dude on the field” but did not struggle to move, nor struggle to pop up from the ground and punish a blocking sled, as he did in one drill. As Joe Rexrode explains, Tennessee is excited by the 6-4, 366-pounder, who could play a crucial role alongside Jeffrey Simmons.

From The Athletic:

Titans rookie DT T’Vondre Sweat was “the biggest dude on the field” but did not struggle to move, nor struggle to pop up from the ground and punish a blocking sled, as he did in one drill. As Joe Rexrode explains, Tennessee is excited by the 6-4, 366-pounder, who could play a crucial role alongside Jeffrey Simmons.
Could be huge. Can't double team inside, add an elite edge rusher next year, gonna cause all sorts of problems.

From The Athletic:

Could be huge. Can't double team inside, add an elite edge rusher next year, gonna cause all sorts of problems.

We closed the gap, we had exactly one effective receiving threat, we added two more. Added two top third corners in the league. We had zero before. What position group have we not improved?

That's called closing the gap, maybe not as much as you'd like but we moving in the right direction without getting stupid with contracts.

Reactions: CPA and CagleMtnVol
We closed the gap, we had exactly one effective receiving threat, we added two more. Added two top third corners in the league. We had zero before. What position group have we not improved?

That's called closing the gap, maybe not as much as you'd like but we moving in the right direction without getting stupid with contracts.

We improved, for sure. I’m not arguing that. Our offensive line will still be terrible and I think Houston may have improved more than we did.

But I agree, that we seem to be heading in the right direction. My angle is more so pushing back against some of the playoff talk or the “Levis has everything he needs” talk from others in here.

We improved, for sure. I’m not arguing that. Our offensive line will still be terrible and I think Houston may have improved more than we did.

But I agree, that we seem to be heading in the right direction. My angle is more so pushing back against some of the playoff talk or the “Levis has everything he needs” talk from others in here.
We aren't a playoff team, unless we sneak into a wildcard spot.

We just need to find it what Will Levis is. Should know that by at least the midway point of season.

Reactions: tvolsfan
We aren't a playoff team, unless we sneak into a wildcard spot.

We just need to find it what Will Levis is. Should know that by at least the midway point of season.

The second point is what I push back against. For two reasons.

The first being I don’t know if our offensive line will be good enough to answer that question of “what Levis is”.

The second I’m not convinced second year in the league and first year in a new system will be enough to make a definitive assessment of Levis unless he’s godawful or absolutely amazing next season. But if he’s anywhere in between, it may be reasonable to give him another year

Reactions: Vols4us
The second point is what I push back against. For two reasons.

The first being I don’t know if our offensive line will be good enough to answer that question of “what Levis is”.

The second I’m not convinced second year in the league and first year in a new system will be enough to make a definitive assessment of Levis unless he’s godawful or absolutely amazing next season. But if he’s anywhere in between, it may be reasonable to give him another year
That's kind of what I'm getting at, except I think the o line situation will be significantly better, especially with an OC that knows how to protect a QB and put him in good situations. Vrabel and his system and players was about as unfriendly to a QB as it could be.

If he shows he can make the reads and hit the throws needed you know you have something to work with, despite what the fans may think, the coaches know. If not you know you have to begin to prepare for the future, a year or two down the road.

VN Store

Back