The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Guarantee they were completely caught off guard with Alt and Nabers both being taken right before and were forced to scramble. He may turn out to be a good player, but this was not a good pick.

Would have much preferred Bowers given how the picks shaked out.

Also, f*** the Chargers. They didn't even need a LT.
Latham was mocked on a bunch of guys draft boards higher than 7th. I've seen him mocked as high as 5. He was high on s lot of people's draft boards.

Would have preferred to trade back but the partner wasnt there based on how the draft shook out. I liked Latham as my 2nd guy at tackle. Thought he had better traits than Alt and played against much better competition.

Now that big question is with the way the last half of the draft is shaking out there are still some good WR's, corners and DT's available..... Where do you go?

Last edited:
Just a fun reminder:

The Titans allowed 64 sacks over 17 games last season, include 13 sacks in just the 2 games against the Texans alone. The left tackle spot allowed 29 of those 64 sacks.

The Titans QBs were sacked 10% of the time that they dropped back to pass the ball.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people aren’t seeing (or realizing) just how much of a rebuild this team is having to undergo after the overall roster and performance decay over last 2 seasons.

I think a lot of people aren’t seeing (or realizing) just how much of a rebuild this team is having to undergo after the overall roster and performance decay over last 2 seasons.

I think it’s understood. It’s why you can’t afford to waste value when you have it. Taking a bottom half 1st rounder in the top 7 feels like they did that. Now you have me speaking Mojo.

People always say "you have to go get your guy if you believe in him" and then when the teams goes and gets their guy, everyone is like "Wait, no...not like that" lol.

I don't love the pick either but our two top picks unfortunately got taken at 5 and 6 and we have the best OL coach in the NFL. Willing to see how it plays out.

Reactions: Vols4us
They won't say it but I think the Titans/Bill Callahan believe that Latham even switching to the Left side is more talented than anything else they currently have on roster.

Latham definitely has the tools and was apparently expected to move to LT by all the teams that interviewed him. Let's see what Callahan can do with him.

One of my concerns is Alabama didn’t move him to LT and instead went with a Vandy transfer and then a true freshman

Just find it funny all off season Titan fans were saying in Bill Callahan we trust and that he is one of the best offensive line coaches in the league and he makes his pick and instantly fans get pissed and thinks he doesn’t know how to judge OL talent.

True but as mentioned already Bama never moved him to LT and we picked him at #7 to play LT if he can. In Bill we trust I guess. We will find out really quick in preseason if he can do it or not.

Terrible statement after watching the last couple seasons. Truly a Randy Moss "Come On Man" moment. Still have hopes Ran can get it done, but I'll stay cautious for a while.

Yea just a bad quote from Ran. Even if you think that you do not say it after you just draft the guy.

VN Store

Back