The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

The analytics guys will tell you left and right tackles are equally valuable.

But I agree I don’t like this one.
Let’s also be kind of real here: despite what people want to think each offseason as fans, this is most likely a more-than-1-offseason rebuild for this team.

A chunk of the goal of this season is determining if Levis is truly the guy…which also puts a significant focus on this area on the line being the top priority overall because of how catastrophically bad the pass blocking and sacks allowed were last season.

Ya know after thinking about it… top side might be not as high as the penn state guy debatably but the titans aren’t planning on waiting to plug him in. So, I get the pick because he is probably the most ready of the remaining OT’s…

The smart teams aren't picking multiple RTs in the Top 10.....

The Titans on the other hand...

Perhaps the problem is your definition of smart. If the numbers tell you high end tackle play on the right is just as important as on the left, then perhaps it’s ignorant not to take RTs high?

Carthon saying he’ll be a LT.

Now I do hate the pick. If the Bama staff wanted him at RT and a Vandy transfer then a freshman at LT, I’ve got a feeling they had good reason for that.

So move him to left? If anything move Skoronski outside to left tackle this year and keep JC at RT.

Well, I’m partly coping for a pick I didn’t love at first sight, but it’s good to see this.
Did you expect him to come out and say Joe Alt was his top guy after he was drafted before the Titans’s pick and the Titans selected Latham? All teams always say their top pick was the guy they really wanted.

This is why the NFL draft is the most overrated event on earth. Just glad it’s over so sports radio here in Nashville can move on to other topics.

VN Store

Back