The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

What’s going on with the young lbs we drafted? Didn’t get to watch the game due to work. They do anything?

With all the injuries. We still should have won without
the BS holding call on DW.

Agreed not getting that td on opening drive, and even worse that other drive couldn't get td was the huge momentum killer with 0 recovery with evidence because best Titans could do was tie the game not retake the lead.
In a close game which this was a team needs to make the most of opportunities to score otherwise team isn't likely to win a close game.

A possibly different game entirely if the Titans lead 10-0 mainly because Fish would not regain momentum, also great chance to return Endzone Int for 6 and failed so more failure to score major points, drives halted by turnovers, gave up a backbreaker long pass td and KO return for a td.

Titans had opportunities to tie and lead in this game game besides 3-0, and they didn't execute when needed.
So that's 7 or 14 points they didn't score with 2 great chances, and if you want to include opening drive it's 21.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
Losing Walker is huge, this can't be overstated. The offense leans heavily on his production/threat. Without him Davis is going to have to double his production.

I will be curious to see how quickly Mariota can come back. If he's back next week that tells me he could have pushed through this game. If he's out for more than a few games I feel he's going to have to light it up in order for us to commit to him long term. He hasn't been able to stay healthy since entering the league and hasn't really taken the next step as a QB.

I'm interested to see how bad the other injuries are. This could be a very bad, very long year, missing three of your best players on offense and then your starting qb is bad news.

I am a little less down on us then I was yesterday. It has been said multiple times that this offense takes a minute to get down and the defense is new as well and multiple major players have missed time. Losing Walker hurts bad but Mariota and Lewan will be back. If, IF we can keep Mariota healthy, we should see week to week improvement. Just need our top players to get healthy. I don't think that team is indicative of what we will see all year. Jmo.

IMO this is his make or break year. If he doesn't take it to another level this season, then the writing is on the wall and the Titans need to start planning on who the next franchise QB will be. This is year 4.

With that whole end of the contract it is Mariota's make or break year.

I was hugely proven wrong today Mariota didn't throw 2 tds instead 0, and did not throw over 130 yards, Henry was a non factor and didn't run for 145 since the Fish contained him along with he didn't run for 2 tds instead 0. The Titans didn't win a close decent game 28-20 instead lost a close ugly game 27-20 to the Dolphins in Rainy and Sunny Miam in the lognest delay NFL game.

Dolphins got the lead, continued to play effective, and the Dolphins were able to sustain the lead since defense defended including ints when needed or stops, and offense made more big plays.
In what was a ugly game the Dolphins were the better team, and made more big plays to win this game.

The TItans biggest backbreakers has to be not scoring a touchdown and stopped 4 times by the Dolphins defense because high momentum if leading 10-0 instead of 3-0, along with giving up 2 backbreaker plays a long pass td and KO return for a td 14 points, also not scoring a td for the endonze int.
The Titans in a close game didn't make the big plays shown with these 4, also after a holding penalty removed a td couldn't get a needed td on that drive so those are awful flaws and main reasons why they lost a close game along with not protecting the ball including a int after getting the ball at Midfield.
These are the primary reasons why the Titans lost a close game they didn't execute when needed, and gave up 2 big plays with 14 points scored.

In a close game a team needs to score with their opportunities and Titans didn't with 3 and 4 chances to score a td, 2 of them being in redzone area for 1st Half a fg, and no touchdown.

22. Tennessee Titans
2018 record: 0-1
Preseason ranking: 14
rd-arrow.png

Few expected to see Blaine Gabbert take significant snaps for the Titans this season, especially in Week 1, but that was the case after Marcus Mariota left the game with an elbow injury. Gabbert completed just half of his passes and extended his streak to 110 attempts without a touchdown pass, dating to Week 13 of last season. -- Koontz

NFL Week 2 Power Rankings: Faces in new places who flashed

Didn’t come to troll. I seriously pull for the Titans, they are just so hard to watch. But the clock is ticking on Mariota’s career as well as Vrabel’s. I’m hearing he may not even start on Sunday.

Didn’t come to troll. I seriously pull for the Titans, they are just so hard to watch. But the clock is ticking on Mariota’s career as well as Vrabel’s. I’m hearing he may not even start on Sunday.
If Mariota doesn’t start on Sunday it’s because of injury, not because Gabbert took his spot. Assuming that’s what you were suggesting.

If Mariota doesn’t start on Sunday it’s because of injury, not because Gabbert took his spot. Assuming that’s what you were suggesting.
No I was suggesting injury and vulnerability to injury. But I think the dolphins had a bounty going on or something against the Titans. Knocked our 3 best offensive players out of the game. Dirty

VN Store

Back