The Official Tennessee @ LSU Game Thread, 9:00 ET, CSS

We have got to whip they ass down yonder..

Seriously though, we desperately need this win, and it's even more important with the gators getting beat.

I lose track of days a lot now. Better early than late I suppose

If I were a gambling man, I wouldn't touch the line. This game will be a toss-up. My hunch is that LSU eeks out a win.

But I do like the O/U of 124. I'll take the over

Did anyone watch the LSU/Ole Miss game? LSU's stat sheet is horrid. Hopefully they are falling off and we're catching them at a good time

Interesting notes from utsports

Tennessee was picked by the media to finish 11th in the Southeastern Conference this season. With two games left to play, the Vols are tied for fourth in the league with an 8-6 SEC record.

■ The Vols have won 12 of their last 13 home games and six of their last seven overall.

■ Tennessee has won its last three games against LSU, including each of the last two in Baton Rouge. A Vols win on Wednesday would even the series at 24-24 when played in Baton Rouge.

■ LSU legend "Pistol" Pete Maravich is one of the greatest players in SEC history. He averaged 44.2 ppg during his collegiate career. But against Tennessee, Maravich averaged just 23.0 ppg, and his teams went 1-5 against the Volunteers.

Sophomore point guard Trae Golden has scored 385 points this season, and his 133 assists have led to 319 points. That means Golden is directly responsible for 35.3 percent of Tennessee's offense.

■ In league games, All-SEC candidate Jeronne Maymon leads the Vols in scoring (14.4 ppg), rebounding (8.1 rpg), field-goal percentage (.602) and steals (1.1 spg).

■ Jordan McRae has a chance to finish the season as Tennessee's leader in total blocks shots. A guard has never led the Vols in blocks since the stat has been kept (1977).

■ For the second straight year, Tennessee legend Bernard King (1975-77) is a finalist for induction to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass.

Oh, and there's this:
Vols On Verge of Modern-Era School Record

■ Tennessee's scoring defense of 61.1 ppg in SEC play is the program's best in the shot-clock era (1986-present) ... Not since 1968-69 has a UT team stifled league opponents like this year's Vols have ... The Bill Justus led Vols held SEC opponents to just 60.9 ppg in 1969... At that time, the SEC was composed of only 10 teams and the league schedule featured 18 games.

Solid, Cuonzo.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, and there's this:
Vols On Verge of Modern-Era School Record

■ Tennessee's scoring defense of 61.1 ppg in SEC play is the program's best in the shot-clock era (1986-present) ... Not since 1968-69 has a UT team stifled league opponents like this year's Vols have ... The Bill Justus led Vols held SEC opponents to just 60.9 ppg in 1969... At that time, the SEC was composed of only 10 teams and the league schedule featured 18 games.

Solid, Cuonzo.

B1G basketball

VN Store

Back