The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

I guess a lot of you all went to bed early when you first started watching baseball since a lot of you seem to believe that baseball games are only 3 innings long.
I couldn’t even remotely join the forum during the game. I knew the NegaVols would be running down the coaches, taking cheap shots at the players, and then scatter like rats once UT began winning. It’s sad but so unfortunately predictable…

I couldn’t even remotely join the forum during the game. I knew the NegaVols would be running down the coaches, taking cheap shots at the players, and then scatter like rats once UT began winning. It’s sad but so unfortunately predictable…

I will never understand why folks need to blame somebody, the SEC has really good teams, players getting schollys and NIL. If ya think yer gonna win every inning, never commit an error, win every game, not have a dud every now and then, you’re just gonna be disappointed.

Too bad I had derby going on and couldn’t be around forum much…would have been fun to see them all run for the hills.

Sad to have missed a great game. :(

View attachment 638772

I'll remind you that extended highlights will be available in Volnation eventually and youtube. Sometimes, there is a complete replay on SEC network in a day or in a couple of days.

The essence of the game was that the Vols were in a tight game for 6 innings and that was because of how good Jac Caglianone is a pitcher, plus at how gifted he is as a baseball player in general.

This game was also a reminder of "no matter how good one player is, it's a team sport and that even as good as Jac Caglianone, he's no match for the talent that exists on this particular VOls team. 6

Tension was definitely a part of the game up until posting 11 runs in the 6th inning. If you watch the highlights or feel looking up a recap of the game, the Vols started to believe in themselves, like they did in previous win.. They got more patient at the plate and had better plate discipline against the opposing pitchers.

Reactions: VolPack22
I will never understand why folks need to blame somebody, the SEC has really good teams, players getting schollys and NIL. If ya think yer gonna win every inning, never commit an error, win every game, not have a dud every now and then, you’re just gonna be disappointed.

That's definitely a good reminder. Look at what a big difference there is between a great hitter and mediocre one in college or the pros. It seems like it's about .100 right? batting 250 vs 350 is just huge.

The SEC is so good that I watch IT as if it's the whole league. I do that with SEC football because it's as if the SEC is playing at a different level than everyone else in baseball and football. The SEC brand in both of those sports is as good as it gets imo and worth watching as many games as possible and that includes any complete games we can find on YouTube.

This team is falling apart this past 2 weeks

I don't want to hear it from the sunshine pumpers but I have a bad feeling about this game.

But but Elander!

Maybe losing this series will get our minds right. It will hurt our pride more than it will our chances for a championship. Maybe this is a lesson we need to be taught.

Might as well just load the bus back up.
Lol

And you certainly aren't watching baseball.

I'll remind you that extended highlights will be available in Volnation eventually and youtube. Sometimes, there is a complete replay on SEC network in a day or in a couple of days.

The essence of the game was that the Vols were in a tight game for 6 innings and that was because of how good Jac Caglianone is a pitcher, plus at how gifted he is as a baseball player in general.

This game was also a reminder of "no matter how good one player is, it's a team sport and that even as good as Jac Caglianone, he's no match for the talent that exists on this particular VOls team. 6

Tension was definitely a part of the game up until posting 11 runs in the 6th inning. If you watch the highlights or feel looking up a recap of the game, the Vols started to believe in themselves, like they did in previous win.. They got more patient at the plate and had better plate discipline against the opposing pitchers.
I can go back and watch it on ESPN+, it's just more fun to watch as it's going on and you don't know what's going to happen.

And you certainly aren't watching baseball.

That’s true too. One has to watch all of em because win or lose, it’s not in a vacuum, other teams win and lose as well. Today, this weekend, was huge in SEC baseball. There will be a new #1 team in the nation. How many folks are gonna be watching college baseball tomorrow?

That’s true too. One has to watch all of em because win or lose, it’s not in a vacuum, other teams win and lose as well. Today, this weekend, was huge in SEC baseball. There will be a new #1 team in the nation. How many folks are gonna be watching college baseball tomorrow?
If Kentucky beats Arkansas we will be ranked #1….do we want to be ranked #1…prob not…lol

VN Store

Back