The Official Tennessee @ Auburn Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Probably for defense since Shembari's minutes were up. Plus Bowden and Bone were playing pretty well. Also, Turner isn't the best ball handler and Auburn turned up the defensive pressure. Turner was in late though... made a late free throw.

Yeah, just surprised it was as little as it was. 2 TOs in 7 min against that team, and it's justified

I wonder if Lamonte might have been sick. 7 minutes is by far his season low. Next lowest is 17. If he's not ill, he's done something to make Barnes really lose confidence in him. Or maybe Pearl schemed specifically to exploit Turner's weaknesses, Barnes recognized it, and responded by keeping him benched. Whatever the reason, I hope that his minutes go up from here.

Lamonte Turner 2016-17 GGame Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

I wonder if Lamonte might have been sick. 7 minutes is by far his season low. Next lowest is 17. If he's not ill, he's done something to make Barnes really lose confidence in him. Or maybe Pearl schemed specifically to exploit Turner's weaknesses, Barnes recognized it, and responded by keeping him benched. Whatever the reason, I hope that his minutes go up from here.

Lamonte Turner 2016-17 GGame Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

I like Turner so I hope the same. I think Barnes is using game-by-game strategies for player minutes from what it seems like. Some games Schofield gets a ton of time, others, not as much. Same with Bone, too.

Could be how they have been doing in practice, too. Whatever it is, it seems like it's working.

Thorough butt whipping. Other than the 2nd half trouble with the press, another good game.

Miss St can be had. They're struggling right now. If we play like we did last night, we'll win by double digits again.

Solid game last night and Auburn has no offensive flow as they like to take the first available shot.......... It will be interesting to see how much longer Coach Pearl will stay at Auburn if they keep playing like they did last night.

VN Store

Back