The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread 8:00 pm ET, SEC Network

I wonder if the SEC versus Big 12 Challenge qualifies as a "tournament".

Don't think so since i am pretty sure we played 4 other tourney games this year

If you recall army played George Washington right before we did. It was all Part of that tourney i am almost certain

Or for that matter the armed forces schools might be allowed to count as tourney games for everyone

In 2009-10 TN played three in the Paradise Jam plus MTSU in the Sun Belt Classic in Nashville.

30 games before the SECT though. The Sun Belt Classic was probably not a "tournament".

You may have found the 4th game with the big12/sec

Classic games

George Washington only has 30games on their schedule so maybe army wasn't part of the tourney

2011-12 TN played UNC-Greensboro at the TBA which was the opening round game of the Maui Classic. Then TN played three games in Hawaii. Played 27 plus 4 that year.

2011-12 TN played UNC-Greensboro at the TBA which was the opening round game of the Maui Classic. Then TN played three games in Hawaii. Played 27 plus 4 that year.

The pre season NiT works the same way.

We played Belmont at home one year with that

Somehow played 28 plus 3 in 2013-14. Maybe Tusculum was allowed as a lower division opponent.

Bet the WSU game was a classic or tourney game

Pretty sure we didn't play that game on their home court

Which means I bet Gonzago this year is our 4th tourney/classic game maybe

Last edited:
31 this season. 27 plus 2x Barclays at the TBA plus 2x in New Jersey. Calling the Gardner-Webb and Army round 1 and round 2 of the Barclays allowed a way to skirt the 27 regular season NCAA limit.

Bet the WSU game was a classic or tourney game

Pretty sure we didn't play that game on their home court

Which means I bet Gonzago this year is our 4th tourney/classic game maybe

Tusculum is Division II. That's the most likely loophole. Wichita State was just a scheduled game. It was at their on campus court. TN played Gonzaga at "neutral" sites.

I wish TN would bring back the Volunteer Classic in name every year or two. Have it for the in-state schools only... Belmont, ETSU, MTSU, TN State, UT-C, Memphis, Austin-Peay, TN Tech, UT-Martin.

Reactions: 1 person
2010:
UNC 16-16
St. John's, UCONN, Texas Tech all 17-15

2008: California 16-15

2006: Virginia 15-14

Yes, all .500 or above. We're not going unless we match that period. We must get to .500 or no way we get NIT bid. I think it's not very likely at all this season. Too tough of a schedule down the stretch!

Don't think so since i am pretty sure we played 4 other tourney games this year

If you recall army played George Washington right before we did. It was all Part of that tourney i am almost certain

Or for that matter the armed forces schools might be allowed to count as tourney games for everyone

Yes, our games earlier in the season against George Washington & Nebraska were in a holiday tournament. Can't remember what they called it though. I just know we got beat both games. Getting beat by Nebraska was ridiculous even at that time in the season.

Perhaps BTO should stop in here and give us the bubble update for Arkansas afterward their road game tonight.

I mean I would have sworn that Mizzu game was a sign they would go on the road and beat another similar team that was sure to wow the committee

Looks like miss state had other plans

Perhaps BTO should stop in here and give us the bubble update for Arkansas afterward their road game tonight.

I mean I would have sworn that Mizzu game was a sign they would go on the road and beat another similar team that was sure to wow the committee

Looks like miss state had other plans

Definitely gives some hope for when they come to Knoxville, just goes to show a road win in this league is never a given, can't look past Missouri Saturday.

VN Store

Back