The Official Tennessee @ #13 Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

It's definitely the NBA's fault, but Cal has bastardized college hoops.
Plus, he's whiny and really difficult to like.
If I hear him complain about how young his team is one more time, as if having young teams is not his exact plan, I'll break something.

Good thing he is very average as anything but a recruiter and will leave behind more vacated Final Fours.

I disagree. Cal had his problems at Memphis and UMass, but he's been an upright and respectable SEC coach. I hate that they run the league and recruit so damn hard, but I have gone full 180 from hater to admirer.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree. Cal had his problems at Memphis and UMass, but he's been an upright and respectable SEC coach. I hate that they run the league and recruit so damn hard, but I have gone full 180 from hater to admirer.

I kinda have as well. Wouldn't say full 180, but I can appreciate his candor and honesty in interviews now that he doesn't seem to despise everything about Tennesse. In fact, he's been fairly complimentary of Tennessee post-Pearl. Not sure if that is because he is no longer threatened by us, or no longer intimidated by being second fiddle in the state, but he's gone out of his way to praise Tennessee at times.

VN Store

Back