The Official Opening Weekend Thread (Fri. Feb 17 vs AZ 8PM MLB Network) (Sat. Feb 18 8PM vs GCU MLB Network) (Sun. Feb 19 2PM vs UCSD MLB.COM)

Either you will be right but right now this team is bad.
Bad? Not even close. This team just hasn’t played enough games together. 2 close games against regional teams on the road. Pitching depth and talent is elite. Just got to figure things at the plate. Good news is not a lot of striking out.

Today is a get-right game. Get Merritt in the lineup, put Stark behind the plate, and make a few changes based on what you’ve seen this week. Time for guys to earn their spot in the lineup
I’m looking forward to the mid week games as well. I think there is a ton of young talent that will get some at bats.

Just watching some videos from last night. Why was Denton not running on a 3-2 count/2 outs on the play he got thrown out at 3rd in the 8th? No way he’s thrown out there if running on the pitch and no way you try to take 3rd if you’re not.

I know this has probably been discussed, but just now seeing the play. Was listening to radio at time.

At the risk of showing my ignorance, what is Cam Sewell's status? I thought he was one of our most consistent arms the last two years, and I was stoked when I read that he was staying for one more year.

They may end up fine. But we do have to at least consider the possibility that the pollsters may have just been really wrong about this team. There’s not enough data yet either way though. There are definitely a lot of growing pains taking place, that’s for sure.
Good pitching beats good hitting. We arguably have one of the best, if not the best, staffs in the country. That alone will win us a lot of games. I do agreed 2nd was too high at this point. It remains to be seen it they were really wrong, wrong, or just early work that ranking.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Odds we go 0-3 after today’s game? CTV is a good coach. He knows you learn and grow more from defeat. A lot of more important games and opportunities ahead of us. May want to rethink opening with a road trip like this going forward and having a young team. It was good to see the bats show up a little better last night. Defense in fielding needs work.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
At the risk of showing my ignorance, what is Cam Sewell's status? I thought he was one of our most consistent arms the last two years, and I was stoked when I read that he was staying for one more year.
I’m sure he’ll be the first out of the pen tonight if he’s healthy. Beam -> Sewell -> Jenkins/Bimbi would be my guess.

Odds we go 0-3 after today’s game? CTV is a good coach. He knows you learn and grow more from defeat. A lot of more important games and opportunities ahead of us. May want to rethink opening with a road trip like this going forward and having a young team. It was good to see the bats show up a little better last night. Defense in fielding needs work.
I highly doubt we lose to UC SD’s Sunday guy, but they did beat Michigan yesterday. Maybe a veteran presence like Merritt will help calm the young guys

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back