The Official Oakland Raiders Thread

i am not too worried. teblow can't win forever. they have to collapse at some point...i hope.

i am not too worried. teblow can't win forever. they have to collapse at some point...i hope.

Who would've thought that the Donks would be the challenger this year? And I also think they will fade down the stretch.

Of course, the Raiders have faded totally out the past 9 seasons.

But at least this year the Raiders are making it interesting.

Who would've thought that the Donks would be the challenger this year? And I also think they will fade down the stretch.

Of course, the Raiders have faded totally out the past 9 seasons.

But at least this year the Raiders are making it interesting.

They have a pretty favorable schedule. New England is the only game they are very likely to lose. Other than that they've got MIN, CHI, BUF, and KC. I think they win at least 3 of their last 5. Raiders have a tougher schedule down the stretch. I think if Oakland beats Miami they wrap up the division.

The Bears shut down the Raider running game. I think they will shut down the Donks running game. Big if, but if they do, the Donks will have to rely on the pass to win.

Should be interesting.

Last edited:
The Bears shut down the Raider running game. I think they will shut down the Donks running game. Big if, but if they do, the Donks will have to rely on the pass to win.

Should be interesting.

Bears are in the same boat, so it'll be a battle of running games. The Broncos' is more dynamic, so I'm guessing they come out on top.

Bears are in the same boat, so it'll be a battle of running games. The Broncos' is more dynamic, so I'm guessing they come out on top.

We're all guessing. But Palmer threw for 300+ against the Bears D. Can Tebow do that? If he has to, then things begin to favor a Bears win.

Should be interesting.

That will be a good game. I think the Denver running game is not as easily stopped as a traditional running game, so the Denver offense may have the advantage. Defense may be a push, and I think the Bears have the edge in special teams. Could be interesting.

Here's some talk about big Chet from someone who knew him.

Steve Wisniewski, coach Jackson on McGlocktonÂ’s passing - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Steve Corkran

Working on an obituary story for the paper on the passing of former Raiders defensive tackle Chester McGlockton, so I wonÂ’t be able to post something off todayÂ’s practice proceedings and interviews until later this afternoon.

In the interim, here is what former Raiders All-Pro guard Steve Wisniewski and coach Hue Jackson had to say about McGlocktonÂ’s passing at the age of 42:

STEVE WISNIEWSKI

Q: How did the news hit you this morning?

A: “It’s just a tragic loss. Chester was a dear friend, a teammate, a neighbor, a golf buddy, we coached together at Stanford. For people who don’t know, he had such a big, big heart. He did a phenomenal job over at Stanford coaching. He was really kind of putting his life back on a new track in the coaching field and he was just fabulous at it. So, our whole heart, my heart and the heart of the Raiders family goes out to his wife Zina and his two young girls. It’s just really sad to see.”

Q: How do you reconcile a pro athlete, in such great shape, dying at such a young age?

A: “Yeah, I can’t guess at the cause of death for Chester, but he had lost a good bit of weight. We had done walks together, we played racquetball together quite a bit the last year, he was in very good shape for being a big man. It’s just an absolutely tragic loss to the whole Raiders family.”

Q: Did you see any signs of this coming on?

A: “No, absolutely not. I spoke to Chester yesterday, as a matter of fact. He had a great day with his girls and was looking forward to kind of a few slow weeks as Stanford prepares for a bowl (game), so he could have some more family time. Anybody who knows Chester, he loved his wife and girls to the moon. Again, I just can’t express how tragic it is lose someone like that at 42.”

Q: You lined up against him in practice, tell us just how talented he was?

A: “Yeah, there was no one in the NFL who could block Chester if he didn’t want to be blocked. He had that ability to be a dominant force like a Mean Joe Greene. He was as good as they come. We talked a lot about it. He matured in his years beyond football and looked back with a sense that he could have done more at times. He was hampered by injuries and contract issues. But when he wanted to play, no one could block him.”

Q: How was he off the field after football?

A: “I was just so proud of him because, here in these last few years, he really found something he enjoyed. He was really passionate about coaching. I used to even tease him, if the kids could have seen him back when he was a player, they would laugh because he was now chasing them up and down the field, screaming to ‘hustle,’ do extra and give their best effort. He was a phenomenal coach and a great man.”

Well, I could comment on how the Raiders played Sunday vs Miami, but there's not much playing to be talked about. They laid an egg when they needed to step up.

So it goes.

Interesting

After his playing career, McGlockton returned to school and earned his undergraduate degree from Tennessee-Martin in 2010

I like it when the Raiders win, but they were thoroughly outclassed today. The reality of it is that at best, they are a middle of the pack team right now.

My friend, who is a Raiders fan, is all excited for Oakland to try and make a deal for Carson Palmer. He doesn't like Campbell anyways, he calls him "weak". I say Palmer is looking pretty weak right now. He wants to be traded to a team that can win, while a 2nd round rookie from a non-BCS conference has the Bengals at 4-2 (4-12 last year under Palmer). What say ye?

Palmer is now 3-4 and has thrown for 9 TD's, 13 picks, and 247 ypg.

He was never really the same after the Steelers knocked him out of that playoff game with a filthy cheap shot a few years ago.

He was never really the same after the Steelers knocked him out of that playoff game with a filthy cheap shot a few years ago.

I don't know if I buy that. He threw a few too many picks the following season (can be explained by randomness), but all his other stats were great. I'd almost say his refusal to do Tommy John's in 2008 might be more responsible for his decline than that cheap shot.

2007 was his last full season with Houshmandzadeh and 2008 is when Ocho Cinco started to rapidly decline. That probably better explains Palmer's dip in results. Let's not forget, even Kitna looked like a star the year before Palmer took over.

Based on him not having a training camp, Palmer should look better next season. At least that's the hope of Raider fans.

Dmac, Moore, Ford and Jones are scheduled to get back on the field this week. And the Raider's O should be a lot better.

However, there is little denying this - had these 4 been in the lineup against the Packers, it is safe to say the Raiders still would have lost the game.

Well, as the very, very old saying Raider fans have goes, "Wait 'til next year." :)

VN Store

Back