The Official New England Patriots Thread

If you were wondering where Coleman has disappeared too, he's been a healthy scratch the last two weeks. Looks like Cyrus Jones took his job.

Glenn Gronkowski was just resigned today, would love to see that kid make it.

I'll admit I'm a little dumbfounded by the Jamie Collins trade.

We've been reeling the last few days with all the UT crap, now this. It seems like a completely insane move, but this
is Belichick's message..."I don't care who you are, do what you're told, or we will ship your ass to the worst team in
the league."

Collins was arguably our best defender, but he's been losing snaps over the last 4 weeks, and was woefully out of position
against Buffalo on an early 28 yard gain. Mike Lombardi tweeted that Collins was doing a lot of "freelancing" and we all know
how thats dealt with in NE. But his worst transgression was asking for Von Miller $$$, Tom Brady doesn't make Von Miller
money. The timing seems weird in the middle of a title run, but I think this was a wakeup call to the team more than anything.
But losing our 2 best defensive players for a 2nd and 4th round pick is maddening.

I just noticed how remarkably easy the patriots schedule has been this season.

Only 3 of their opponents are going to be playoff teams.

Do you think it really would have mattered if they had one of the toughest schedules?

Without a doubt.

Since Brady has been back they have beaten

Browns (0-12)
Bengals (5-7-1)
Steelers (8-5) Big Ben didn't play
Bills (6-7)
49ers (1-12)
Jets (4-9)
Rams (4-9)

They've played one quality team (Seahawks) and they lost that one at home.

I think they drop at least one more game before the season ends and finishes 13-3.

But with a tougher schedule I can see them finishing 11-5.

VN Store

Back