The Official NBA Forum Vols Football Thread

giphy.gif

Was it ugly?

Yes?

Was it a win?

...Also yes.

I'm OK with this :good!:

Hopefully the defense stands up a lot better against conventional offenses than all this crazy triple-option stuff. GT's staff has a fantastic grip on how to run it.

The D was disappointing but the O needs to give them a rest at some point in the furst 3 quarters. We were making plays on D in the first quarter

People are so mad about a instant classic comeback against a solid opponent. There are things to be concerned about, but I went to bed happy and I woke up happy. WTF is people's problem?

People are so mad about a instant classic comeback against a solid opponent. There are things to be concerned about, but I went to bed happy and I woke up happy. WTF is people's problem?

I'm happy with the win but that defense isn't going to win many games. Good thing is UF sucks on offense so we prob won't need the Def until UGA and maybe (fingers crossed) they can get better.

I'm happy with the win but that defense isn't going to win many games. Good thing is UF sucks on offense so we prob won't need the Def until UGA and maybe (fingers crossed) they can get better.

I'll stay optimistic and just say that I don't think this is a fair game to judge the D, tho I am disappointed in their performance.

I'll stay optimistic and just say that I don't think this is a fair game to judge the D, tho I am disappointed in their performance.

I'm cool with that and hope for the best. Shoop hasn't had a good record as far as giving up yards going back to his last year at Penn State. Hoping that trend ends this season

I'm glad that we won. But I'm angry about what's to come. The offense woke up, but the defense has a lot of questions. Maybe it was a fluke playing the triple option, so I'll reserve judgment until I see us play traditional offenses like Florida and Georgia.

Because we looked unimpressive and it took a few miracles to win the game.

At the end of the day, a win is a win. You won't play another opponent like them. The defense is concerning but we were giving them 3 free yards every play by lining the tackles so far off the line of scrimmage

At the end of the day, a win is a win. You won't play another opponent like them. The defense is concerning but we were giving them 3 free yards every play by lining the tackles so far off the line of scrimmage

You would think that after they gained 390 yards in a half you would change that. That's what upsets me. No adjustments. And playing in fear of injury will get you beat. But we won, we have a trash can as a mascot now, and we will see how we do at UF and against UGA. Waited all year for this and just going to enjoy the ride....and maybe complain about the long lines

Some people just hate Butch Jones and not much is going to change it; but given how we had very slow starts last year and now the first game we do pretty much the exact same thing. We won and in the end that's all that matters but I can see why some aren't exactly thrilled, and I don't mean the ones that have been dogging him non-stop.

Me personally, I'm not crazy about Butch but he's recruited well and he's done nothing to even remotely talk about being fired yet. I gladly admit most of my problems are I simply can't stand to hear him talk and all his cliches and gimmicky stuff is annoying. But if we win the SEC East and he talks like a robot I'll get over it.

I also can't stand how most of the FF operates which is why I usually avoid it during the season. Before the game we're going to kick GT's ass, then we pull one out of our butts and suddenly they're acting like GT is going to rule the ACC. Maybe they will, but I doubt it. They'll probably be an above average ACC team like most years.

Butch isn't great and most of the time the gameplan leaves you scratching your head, but a lot of the slow starts last year and Monday were due to WRs not catching the ball when it hits them dead in their hands and we can't convert. I don't know if you can blame that on Butch, the WR coach, or just the players not being ready, which is ultimately on the players.

Butch isn't great and most of the time the gameplan leaves you scratching your head, but a lot of the slow starts last year and Monday were due to WRs not catching the ball when it hits them dead in their hands and we can't convert. I don't know if you can blame that on Butch, the WR coach, or just the players not being ready, which is ultimately on the players.

It is a weird thing and I think the coaches deserve some of the blame because of the discipline factor.

Last year I'd get so frustrated with the O because we had Malone, Jennings, Hurd, Kamara, Jelly, and Dobbs. They didn't have an excuse for starting games slow. It was QD's first start and he's got less around him, so I'm giving Butch a break on the O's performance.

Butch is guaranteed at least 2 wtf coaching moments a game. I probably wouldn't be as frustrated with him if his teams had an identity. His offense feels like 3 random plays and hope for a first down

I'm just curious what will happen with the Florida game. I don't see it being played in the Swamp next week. It'll either be moved to a neutral site or moved to a future date. The former is more likely.

Hope all of our Florida Vols stay safe

VN Store

Back