The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

'Til Daytona

13-CMS2-30.jpg

Not for everyone but for some of us. I do get tired of some of the changes and decisions made by Nascar but still love racing at its roots.

My dad's a huge racing/automobile enthusiast (mostly F1 and motorbikes, he even used to race motorcycles at an intermediate level with reasonable success). I on the other hand have always been drawn to team sports so the opportunity was wasted on me.

My dad's a huge racing/automobile enthusiast (mostly F1 and motorbikes, he even used to race motorcycles at an intermediate level with reasonable success). I on the other hand have always been drawn to team sports so the opportunity was wasted on me.

That's awesome. Your dad sounds pretty cool. :hi:

I understand why people wouldn't/don't like racing. I don't understand why people try to force people to like it. Hey, if it's not for you than it is what it is. I wish Nascar would do a better job of highlighting just how much of a team sport it really is but the drivers are the main focus. The pit guys are like linemen, they only get attention when they screw up.

That's awesome. Your dad sounds pretty cool. :hi:

I understand why people wouldn't/don't like racing. I don't understand why people try to force people to like it. Hey, if it's not for you than it is what it is. I wish Nascar would do a better job of highlighting just how much of a team sport it really is but the drivers are the main focus. The pit guys are like linemen, they only get attention when they screw up.

I've always felt the inverse is more true. It seems to be non race fans who have to get out and let everyone know how boring it is. Or to mock it.

Like deputy did.

NASCAR is a team sport. The drivers just get all the credit or blame, kinda like a QB

The #02 Chip Ganassi car won the Rolex 24 with Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Jamie McMurray, and Kyle Larson driving.

Jamie McMurray joins AJ Foyt & Mario Andretti as the only drivers to win both the Daytona 500 & the Rolex. Tony Kanaan joins Scott Dixon in winning both the Rolex and Indy 500.

......they fast tho. :)

Not a bad 24 hours for a 3.5l v6.

I wanted to pull an all-nighter but I've been sick all week and the NyQuil took over about 11:30. The Wayne Taylor Racing guys had the biggest choke job of the race with not being able to figure out the driver limits at the end.

All McMurray does is win big races.

That he does. I'd like to see him run the Double with Chip.

Man those Daytona prototypes are ugly.

Get ready to watch them next year Nerd, I'm willing to bet Gordon will be in one.

Am curious if Gordon will actually retire or if he will continue to race the big races in the coming years such as the 500, Talladega, Coke 600, Darlington, etc..

VN Store

Back