The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

I didn't get to watch the Xfinity race, but as far as the 500 this is the first time in a couple years that I didn't worry about a driver walking away from a wreck so that's good.

Now as far as the ending, good race, anti climatic ending. It sucks but it is what it is.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
Excited for this weekend. I will be there in Section 149.
Glad the weather right now is looking pretty nice (5% chance of rain and sunny).
Not sure why they decided to move Atlanta back to the week after the 500, it has been after the West Coast swing the last couple years.

Have a great time! I’m going for Saturday and Sunday.

Excited for this weekend. I will be there in Section 149.
Glad the weather right now is looking pretty nice (5% chance of rain and sunny).
Not sure why they decided to move Atlanta back to the week after the 500, it has been after the West Coast swing the last couple years.
I'll be in 248.

That was the best finish since "have you ever, no I've never" what a great race. The Xfinity cars seemed to stall out on the inside line and could not pass but the cup guys were able to slingshot around on the inside and slide up. Made for a very entertaining race. Atlanta is probably a top 3 track now, at least for cup.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Atlanta has always been the best 1.5 mi track on the circuit and reconfiguring it to a mini superspeedway has not ruined the racing at all. I can argue that it’s better now. Don’t change a thing at all, NASCAR.

I was at the last spring race before the reconfiguration. The racing was pure and it had an exciting finish. The majority of the race was not entertaining.

This was entertaining from start to finish. The purist in me that doesn’t like pack racing is conflicted. The part of me that paid good money to buy tickets and hotel is very happy.

I don’t want this for other 1.5 tracks, but the folks at Atlanta made a good call. They got phenomenal racing every year after a repave. That’s unheard of. Typically fresh pavement turns a place to single lane for at least 2 years.

I still can’t believe what I got to witness.

VN Store

Back