The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Gotta get fans back to the track. More fans means more sponsors. More sponsors gets you more teams.

First thing that needs to happen is to lower ticket prices. Tracks need to take the Bristol model of selling tickets.

Disagree that the sponsorship will return with the fans. Most companies have figured out there isn’t a strong enough return in investment sponsoring a high cost race team. Regardless of fans.

It's nearly impossible to keep up with. I never really liked the chase either. Now it's just plain horrible with the elimination rounds. And with this stage racing and the points that come with it NASCAR has put more emphasis on winning the stages than actually winning the race.

Honestly, the only thing wrong with the old point system is that they didn't award enough points for winning. It should have been like a 25 point dropoff from 1st to 2nd.

This was my argument back when the Chase started. They wanted wins to mean something because Kenseth (I think) dominated one year with only like one win for the season. I'd go 25 between 1-2, 2-5 are relatively close, a 10 point drop off to 6 and keep 6-10 relatively close. Anything below top ten is minimal points.

As a once big NASCAR fan, I quite watching when NASCAR took the manufacturer out of car design and changed the Points system.....to me its been down hill every since.

As a once big NASCAR fan, I quite watching when NASCAR took the manufacturer out of car design and changed the Points system.....to me its been down hill every since.

Right. There’s no such thing as manufacturers now. Just engines, R&D, and chassis. Teams like Hendricks, Gibbs, and Penske can partner with any manufacturer and win a championship and run equally.

Right. There’s no such thing as manufacturers now. Just engines, R&D, and chassis. Teams like Hendricks, Gibbs, and Penske can partner with any manufacturer and win a championship and run equally.

Idk, manufacturers lost their identity in the early 90s. The prime of the sport was mid 90s to the early 2000s.

I do agree that the sport started going down hill around when they introduced the playoff and again when they changed it to wins auto-lock you into the playoff. At least with the changes last season, they made it to where every point counts so drivers have to stay up on the wheel.

I think the system now is decent and fun to watch but there is so much driver turnover that fans aren't as engaged. That along with the loss of interest in the sport over the last 10-15 years has really crippled the sport.

We'll see how it progresses. There are some interesting personalities such as Bubba Wallace that could reinvigorate fan interest.

Saying that

What’ll bring NASCAR back in y’all opinion?

1. Shorter season maybe scale back to 20 races or something.

2. Eliminate the "playoffs" and go back to a season long championship.

3. Moar short tracks & road courses and less cookie cutters.

NASCAR also has to compete with football during their playoffs. Mid week races would be cool to see

I agree with posters saying there are too many races and too many 1.5 cookie cutters

When Brian France took over I said he would run it into the ground. He hasn?t proven me wrong yet....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They'll catch up.

The 4 has always been really good at the 1.5 mile tracks. Ford started stout last year and fell off as the year goes on.

Biggest change this year to me is the teams sharing data. I think it will help everybody get back on equal footing somehow. You know what you're doing, you'll figure out where somebody is beating you by lap times and throttle and things such as that.

Harvick has already caused me to lose interest this season

He's on a Truex style roll and it's already making it boring, I agree with that 100%. Somebody will catch up with him eventually this season. It's bad when I'm cheering for Kyle to get around him just to see somebody else win. I don't like either of them but I don't particularly care for Harvick.

He's on a Truex style roll and it's already making it boring, I agree with that 100%. Somebody will catch up with him eventually this season. It's bad when I'm cheering for Kyle to get around him just to see somebody else win. I don't like either of them but I don't particularly care for Harvick.

Happens all the time In NASCAR (The King, Jaws, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, etc) Kyle Busch looked pretty pissed about his dominance yesterday. Right now he’s the man on the flat tracks though

Reactions: 1 person
Happens all the time In NASCAR (The King, Jaws, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, etc) Kyle Busch looked pretty pissed about his dominance yesterday. Right now he’s the man on the flat tracks though

Oh no doubt it does. Kyle always looks pissed about something lol I remember a few years back, Johnson went on a ridiculous tear. Like you said, it happens all the time. One guy finds something and it takes the others a while to catch up to them.

Speaking of Johnson it seems like we may be on the back end of his dominance. That's not to say he's not going to break out and go on a tear himself but he's been average at best to start the year and going back to last season.

Lowe’s is out of NASCAR at the end of the year.

I wonder how much longer after that Jimmie Johnson follows suit.

VN Store

Back