The Official make fun of the Cleveland Browns Thread

The most terrrble organization in sports. Fired a coach that loved the browns after 1 year. Just add that with the thousands of other blunders made by them over the last 3 decades.

I dunno. Ariz Cards and Det Lions give them a mighty run for their money.

Cleveland Browns turn down 'Hard Knocks' - ESPN

Personally, good move.

New Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine turned down an opportunity for his team to appear on HBO's sports documentary series "Hard Knocks."

The Browns have been in the spotlight after drafting Johnny Manziel last month, although HBO reportedly asked to film the team in training camp before Cleveland took the quarterback with the 22nd pick in the 2014 draft.

"It was for the same reason we didn't feel super comfortable having a camera in the draft room," Pettine said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "Let's get through the first time, let's get through the first year."

Pettine said the show was something the team may do in the future.

"There are positives and negatives to doing it," Pettine said, according to the paper. "It's not something I would say we'd never do, partly because the league can make us do it."

The Browns were able to reject the documentary this season because of Pettine's first-year coaching status, per league rules.

Thought Johnny looked pretty sharp the other night. Made a play or two with his feet. Threw pretty well, and looked comfortable.

Negatives:

He ran and gained a first down when he could have lobbed a little 5-6 yard pass to an open receiver.

He sailed one overhead that if he had waited and set his feet, he probably would have put on the money.

He tucked his head and shoulder and went forward once instead of taking a slide.

The Browns didn't let him go with the 1's was my biggest issue.

Positives:

He's got his head right. He broke to run when the pocket collapsed and then settled down and completed a short pass for a gain. In college, he would have just rolled out, but he knows they want him in the pocket making smart choices.

After the head first dive, the next opportunity he had to do it again he didn't. He got his first down and took a slide.

He was accurate. There were two incompletions that were due to the wide outs. One went through the hands, and the other was to a guy going over the middle that looked disinterested in making any attempt to catch the ball. It was evident because it hit the guy on his freaking hip.

Simply put, they need to let him get out there with the Varsity and open up the playbook a little more for him. He needs to be challenged with more of the total playbook to see if he can adjust and react mentally, but he's got to have guys that are capable of performing. Playing with the JV is not proving anything really.

Starting Johnny Football week 1 would be a mistake IMO.

"Plastered"? As in Drunk? Dude was in college. I guess you play Dungeons & Dragons on Friday nights?

The Browns should just start him and get him ready

"Plastered"? As in Drunk? Dude was in college. I guess you play Dungeons & Dragons on Friday nights?

The Browns should just start him and get him ready

I agree they should start him - he will take his lumps like PM did the first season with Indy and it will make him a better player - plus the Browns arent going anywhere this season

Funniest part of the middle finger thing is him being surprised it was caught on camera.

VN Store

Back