The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Dwayne Goodrich killed somebody in Dallas while driving drunk. I don't think he did much time for it though.
Goodrich killed 2 people. Did 8 years.

Donte Stallworth also killled a guy while drunk. 30 days in jail. Only served 24.

Crazy, that’s 3 former Vols that have done that relatively recently.

Goodrich killed 2 people. Did 8 years.

Donte Stallworth also killled a guy while drunk. 30 days in jail. Only served 24.

Crazy, that’s 3 former Vols that have done that relatively recently.
If I remember the Donte Stallworth case correctly, he struck a pedestrian who was trying to cross a heavily trafficked stretch of road, and wasn't at a crosswalk. That was a mitigating factor for the light sentence. Yes, Stallworth was drunk/high, but he really wasn't at fault for hitting the guy.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
If I remember the Donte Stallworth case correctly, he struck a pedestrian who was trying to cross a heavily trafficked stretch of road, and wasn't at a crosswalk. That was a mitigating factor for the light sentence. Yes, Stallworth was drunk/high, but he really wasn't at fault for hitting the guy.
That’s a load of crap. If you’re driving drunk and/or stoned, and you strike someone with your car and kill them, you’re at fault for killing the guy.

Plead guilty to a FELONY. That’s pretty AT FAULT

Plead guilty to a FELONY. That’s pretty AT FAULT
I'm just discussing the facts of what happened. He chose to plead guilty in exchange for a very light sentence. The fact is that he struck a pedestrian who was jaywalking. Think about it .... there is no way the DA's office would have offered such a deal, if they had been confident of securing a DUI manslaughter conviction following a trial. That carries up to a 15 year prison sentence. Stallworth's defense attorney had some leverage : Although Stallworth was impaired, the pedestrian he hit was not at a crosswalk as he should have been.

I'm just discussing the facts of what happened. He chose to plead guilty in exchange for a very light sentence. The fact is that he struck a pedestrian who was jaywalking. Think about it .... there is no way the DA's office would have offered such a deal, if they had been confident of securing a DUI manslaughter conviction following a trial. That carries up to a 15 year prison sentence. Stallworth's defense attorney had some leverage : Although Stallworth was impaired, the pedestrian he hit was not at a crosswalk as he should have been.
Ehh. I’m sure $$$ was involved.

Stallworth was a wealthy athlete, and he got an absolutely ridiculous plea deal. Newsflash: in many areas of the country, people jaywalk on a regular basis. That is against the law, but it doesn’t give some idiot the right to basically walk without penalty for driving drunk and hopped up on drugs and mowing you down in the streets. Drivers are responsible for not hitting cars and pedestrians anywhere on the roadways, not just at street corners.

That’s 100% unadulterated BS.
Stallworth was a wealthy athlete, and he got an absolutely ridiculous plea deal. Newsflash: in many areas of the country, people jaywalk on a regular basis. That is against the law, but it doesn’t give some idiot the right to basically walk without penalty for driving drunk and hopped up on drugs and mowing you down in the streets. Drivers are responsible for not hitting cars and pedestrians anywhere on the roadways, not just at street corners.
He got the plea deal, because the DA had doubts about obtaining a DUI manslaughter conviction through a trial. Drivers are not always at fault for hitting pedestrians.

If I had that much money, I’d have a driver.

No need. The Raiders offer a chauffeur service to all their players. Just plain idiotic.

We all made mistakes when we were younger. I drove home drunk several times in college. I was lucky I didn't hurt anyone or myself, and I'm very ashamed of that behavior.

Prayers for the family of the young woman.

From ESPN's "This Just In" :

Las Vegas Raiders 2nd year WR, Henry Ruggs III, was traveling approximately 155 mph seconds before a crash, which killed a 23 year old Las Vegas woman early Tuesday morning. Henry Ruggs III was traveling 127 mph at the time the airbags in his Chevrolet Corvette were deployed. His blood alcohol concentration was .161%. That is slightly more than twice the legal limit in the state of Nevada.

Oh, yeah .... this happened in a residential neighborhood, while Henry Ruggs III also had a loaded gun in the car. The Raiders released him earlier today.

Last edited:
Twitter cracks me up.

A media guy tweeted what occurred at Ruggs's initial court appearance, which was he paid bail, got an ankle monitor put on him, can't drive, and forfeited his passport. The comments are full of folks outraged at that being his punishment for the crime, and think he got off easy.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Even if you're not wealthy, renting a limo in Las Vegas for a night is not that expensive. Maybe $50 an hour? Those private car services are all over the place out there, and it takes about 2 minutes to reserve one online... and then maybe a 30 minute wait at most for them to pick you up.

Bell Limousine would have been the better move, Henry.
Is it true that in their CBA, the players can call and arrange for transportation for them 24/7? Not Uber or a limo, but some kind of transportation deal paid for by the league. I read that at first and thought it sounded ridiculous, but it actually makes a lot of sense because if guys use it you avoid terrible situations like this one.

Hitting her at 157, double the limit drunk, and having a gun(haven't figured the significance just yet) will be hard to overcome

From ESPN's "This Just In" :

Las Vegas Raiders 2nd year WR, Henry Ruggs III, was traveling approximately 155 mph seconds before a crash, which killed a 23 year old Las Vegas woman early Tuesday morning. Henry Ruggs III was traveling 127 mph at the time the airbags in his Chevrolet Corvette were deployed. His blood alcohol concentration was .161%. That is slightly more than twice the legal limit in the state of Nevada.

Oh, yeah .... this happened in a residential neighborhood, while Henry Ruggs III also had a loaded gun in the car. The Raiders released him earlier today.
He should receive the full 20-year maximum sentence.

Hitting her at 157, double the limit drunk, and having a gun(haven't figured the significance just yet) will be hard to overcome
NRS 202.257 prohibits anyone in Nevada from carrying or handling firearms while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher. This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and/or up to $1,000 in fines.

It's hardly worth mentioning considering the magnitude of the other charges he is facing, but it does underscore his lack of respect for and/or knowledge of Nevada law.

Reactions: Voltrapnbama
NRS 202.257 prohibits anyone in Nevada from carrying or handling firearms while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher. This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and/or up to $1,000 in fines.

It's hardly worth mentioning considering the magnitude of the other charges he is facing, but it does underscore his lack of respect for and/or knowledge of Nevada law.
Very true! Thanks for the info! I think its big in the sense that adding charges may add time.

VN Store

Back