The Official LA Dodgers Thread

Crazy money for a pitcher. A payroll of near a cool $250 mil for 2014

Crazy money for a pitcher. A payroll of near a cool $250 mil for 2014

It's not a bad contract though, as our ownership can swallow the money. At least we haven't signed him into his 40's...

I look forward to the many years of dominance to come. :hi:

Lord Kershaw. :salute:

The Dodgers beat the Twins to join the Giants, Cubs and Braves as the only MLB franchises with 10,000 wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Yasiel Puig became the first Dodgers player to reach base eight times in a doubleheader since Bill Buckner in 1976.

Beckett with the first Dodger no hitter since Nomo in 1996.

Also the 1st career no hitter for Beckett

Pretty high aspirations

Don Mattingly told a great story about Yasiel Puig before "Sunday Night Baseball": He met with Puig in the midst of some struggles the outfielder was having during spring training, and asked him who he wanted to be remembered like when his career was over. Puig's responded, "Derek Jeter."

Mattingly said, "We can work with that."

That Puig set such a high bar for himself in how he wanted to be regarded within the sport allowed the manager to go back to that conversation, when needed, to remind Puig of all that he needs to do to achieve his goal of being like Jeter, such as being on time for pregame stretches and being reliable. Mattingly has seen enormous improvement in Puig. "Incredible," he said. "Huge strides."

Los Angeles Dodgers 1B Adrian Gonzalez becomes the first player in MLB history to hit 5 home runs in his team's first 3 games.

Caught an Adrian Gonzalez foul ball tonight. On AGonz bobblehead night even! Wooooooo! Should be able to make a nice little souvenir display out of that.

Have never caught a foul ball. That's awesome.

Thx, it's my first one and I'm not a youngster.

I've had some memorable times at Dodger Stadium -- saw Piazza blast a homer back in '97 that cleared the left field pavilion and sailed into the parking lot, was there last fall when Kershaw clinched the division by beating the Giants (fat lot of good it ended up doing but one hell of an awesome game to watch) -- but I gotta say, catching that ball was the coolest thing ever.

On that same at bat he got on and ended up scoring so I was completely stoked that inning. Loads of fun.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back