The Official Kansas City Chiefs Thread (merged)

Kinda disappointed in him not showing up on time. But I get where he's coming from.

Yup, not good for Murray or Bray, unless they cut Hogan which would surprise me at this point.

Any guess who might take Bray if he does get cut ?

A bunch of teams would be in play for him, but it's not a given that the Chiefs won't carry 4 qbs. I think Murray is definitely gone, but Bray may have a chance. Andy really likes Bray.

I wish the Chiefs would quit being so tight and sign EB - my gosh they just wasted money on Foles, give the all pro EB a decent contract

Several noted that Eric Berry was back out last night (I think on the NFL games thread). Saw this article today regarding his return last night.

Most pertinent part:

"Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry played in his first game in 462 days Thursday night against the Log Angeles Chargers. The Chiefs lost to the Chargers, 29-28.
After the game, Berry spoke with reporters.

“It felt pretty good,” Berry said. “I got a few different looks I couldn’t get at practice. I felt like we handled them well as a defense. Short week, but I think we did pretty well.”

Berry led the Chiefs with six tackles in the first half, and he also had a hand in Steve Nelson’s interception by pressuring Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers."

Full article here:
Eric Berry reported no setbacks, talked first game back with reporters after loss

I hated that KC lost last night. That Chiefs secondary is pretty bad. Definitely better with EB in. Some of the calls the refs made were bad and hurt the chiefs, but a few missed calls (esp the helmet-to-helmet) seemed to help the chiefs. But you really can't help that secondary once they implode. Did it last year against the Raiders.

Investigation involving Chiefs WR Hill underway

An investigation is underway into an alleged battery involving a juvenile at the home of Kansas City Chiefs star wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

In a statement Friday, the Chiefs acknowledged an investigation involving Hill is taking place.

"The club is aware of the investigation involving Tyreek Hill," the Chiefs said. "We're in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities. We'll have no further comment at this time."

Overland Park police officer John Lacy said the case has been turned over to prosecutors for review. No charges have been filed against Hill, and Johnson County prosecutor's spokeswoman Kristi Bergeron didn't immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

According to a police report obtained by KCTV, police in Overland Park, Kansas, were called to Hill's home Thursday to investigate an alleged battery in which a juvenile was a victim and Hill's fiancée is listed as "others involved." Hill was not listed on the report.

Officers were previously called to Hill's address March 5 to investigate a report of child abuse or neglect. Hill's name was listed on that report. According to Overland Park police, the case was closed three days later when prosecution was declined.

The Kansas Department of Children and Families also told the Kansas City Star that it is investigating the most recent incident.

"I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing," said Mike Deines, spokesperson for DCF, told the Star.

While at Oklahoma State, Hill was convicted of domestic assault for an incident in which he was accused of punching and choking his girlfriend. He was given three years of probation and ordered to undergo anger management classes.

He completed probation in 2018 and his conviction was dismissed.

VN Store

Back