The Official Hate on JP Prince Thread

His reach on defense is absolutely a necessity for this team...aka Kansas game. And he can take it to the hole better than anyone on the team...except for maybe hopson.

How do you know so much with only 29 posts and have only been around for a month?

I have been on this site for almost a year but just now made an account. I'm not a troll. If you read my post it says I support him and think he is a value member of the team. I support JP. I think he is a good player. I'm just giving all the people who think he sucks a place where they can vent.

I have been on this site for almost a year but just now made an account. I'm not a troll. If you read my post it says I support him and think he is a value member of the team. I support JP. I think he is a good player. I'm just giving all the people who think he sucks a place where they can vent.

Well that worked out well for you didn't it?

JP plays good d at times and can slash to the hole but his j is worse then bad and his free throw shooting is a liability. With all his faults he still can be a valuable cog coming off the pine

mr. do-no-wrong, scotty hopson, shoots a worse FT percentage than JP.

He's a starter for our team and should remain so, barring something barbarically dumb.

I've always defended JP around friends when they hate on him.

Is he frustrating as all hell? Absolutely, I undertand that.

But he's a good kid, plays great D, he's quick, athletic, and a leader on this team.

Valuable, despite his faults.

mr. do-no-wrong, scotty hopson, shoots a worse FT percentage than JP.

He's a starter for our team and should remain so, barring something barbarically dumb.
Who calls Hopson do no wrong? Everyone recognizes that his game has serious weaknesses as well.

I like JP and have posted my support of him plenty. But to call him a "super talent" and praise his defensive skills is as silly as bashing him.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/88942-jp-prince.html

I defended the guy for a long time. I made the above thread and he started playing much better after that.

Still hard to see him shoot so oddly with a father who is a basketball coach, but it is also easy to see with his athletic ability why he did not put in the hard work required to become NBA level in shooting. He could just take almost everyone he played with off the dribble. Not good for his career, but understandable.

We can always set JP on the bench and let little Pearl play the whole game.

Who calls Hopson do no wrong? Everyone recognizes that his game has serious weaknesses as well.

Ya, I guess I just glanced at some thread title about "Hopson best ever" or whathaveyou. Still though, the hopson hate is a blip on the radar; the Prince hate IS the radar.

Well lets see...having played college ball, I didn't know anyone that shot less than 60% from the stipe, Hell even shaq shoots over 51%, Prince at 58% is just above that (barely, IMO). Not to mention his lazy ass attempts at fast break layups knowing a defender is trailing him. He should be used to the contact by now and play for a 3 pt play. Maybe if he would hit the weights and gain 10 lbs???? He could handle it.

Turnovers: i think he only averages 1.9 t/o's a game because the other players tend to play around him.

As for his defense....:crazy: who on earth thinks he is a good defender, slow on his feet, quick to reach, gets burned then release for his well known weak layups, how is that D1 material? As a UT bball fan it's horrible to see him on the floor at all.

I'm not even going to comment on his physical presence, because he has none...how has he not been able to bulk up even 10lbs? The way i see it is he only plays D1 because of his name, and freakishly long reach, which IMO can only help a team so much.

My relationship with J.P. Prince is complicated. Wheezy, for example, sometimes can be frustrating to watch. But by all accounts he's a great kid and a unique personality. He's Wheezy after all, lord of the headband and master of the trailer three pointer.

J.P. is different. He's got a lot of nice qualities, but he also makes watching Vol games very difficult. Yes the "flail at a shooter, snowbird, hope to get on sportscenter" trick that is his trademark is often entertaining. But as a whole I simply want him off my TV. It's like the last couple of months of the Bush administration, or Nick Harper's tenure with the Titans, or anything else. There just comes a point when you're ready to move on and put it behind you. I'm at that point with the J.P. Prince era.

JP has his faults like any player in the NCAA, people seriously need to appreciate the skills he brings to the table for the Vols!

I like it when he fouls out, he really helps the team when he does that. A defender would be crazy not to foul him on the way to the hoop. He can play defense but his offensive game is just well offensive. But , he doesn't get into trouble and he graduates this year, so I can put up with him for the rest of this season...I guess.

My relationship with J.P. Prince is complicated. Wheezy, for example, sometimes can be frustrating to watch. But by all accounts he's a great kid and a unique personality. He's Wheezy after all, lord of the headband and master of the trailer three pointer.

J.P. is different. He's got a lot of nice qualities, but he also makes watching Vol games very difficult. Yes the "flail at a shooter, snowbird, hope to get on sportscenter" trick that is his trademark is often entertaining. But as a whole I simply want him off my TV. It's like the last couple of months of the Bush administration, or Nick Harper's tenure with the Titans, or anything else. There just comes a point when you're ready to move on and put it behind you. I'm at that point with the J.P. Prince era.

:good!::lolabove::eek:lol:

JP has his occasional good game, but his play has a lot to be desired. When is playing good he can really help the team. The problem is , he takes a lot of games off and really hurts the team. I think we won't miss him that much next year. Chism is the player we will miss the most.

VN Store

Back