The Official EKU @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. 3/12 6PM EST) (SECNET+)

Yep, thanks for the reminder. Really looking forward to that.
I try not to be a gatekeeper. I canโ€™t blame fans for showing up for a winner. Itโ€™s not like I was here every day when Serrano was coaching, or even early on in Tonyโ€™s tenure. I didnโ€™t start really paying attention until the 19 supers, and then โ€˜21.

Iโ€™m from a baseball family, and Tennessee baseball is the reason weโ€™re all fans of the school in the first place.. and I still couldnโ€™t bare to get emotionally invested in it in the 2010โ€™s.

All that to say- I get the drive byโ€™s. I just wish they were actual baseball fans, or knew what they were talking about before they voiced their opinions some times. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I try not to be a gatekeeper. I canโ€™t blame fans for showing up for a winner. Itโ€™s not like I was here every day when Serrano was coaching, or even early on in Tonyโ€™s tenure. I didnโ€™t start really paying attention until the 19 supers, and then โ€˜21.

Iโ€™m from a baseball family, and Tennessee baseball is the reason weโ€™re all fans of the school in the first place.. and I still couldnโ€™t bare to get emotionally invested in it in the 2010โ€™s.

All that to say- I get the drive byโ€™s. I just wish they were actual baseball fans, or knew what they were talking about before they voiced their opinions some times. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Hell C-Lo, I AM an actual fan but 95% of the time, I have no idea what Iโ€™m talking about!
๐Ÿคช

The ones that really bother me are...
โ€œTony Vitello canโ€™t win the big oneโ€
โ€œTony Vitello always chokesโ€
โ€œThis guy(fill in playerโ€™s name) is garbageโ€
Most of the time I can overlook many things, we are all VOL fans and we get emotional, I get it.
But the insults about the players drives me nuts!
Iโ€™ll be the first to say โ€œthat was a terrible ABโ€ but I never let it get personal, or at least try my best not to.

Wow another pickoff for pitching staff! Been really good at that this year.
UT and CFA arenโ€™t going to alter the pitching motion to the plate with runners on (I.e. no slide step), but instead have taught elite pickoff moves to compensate. Itโ€™s a beautiful thing to watch so many baserunners getting picked off first. ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

EK reliever #3's day is done after 21 pitches and 0 K's. EK reliever #4 to the mound.

Moore - 2-Run DONG between CF-RF!!! His 6th of the year.

Bargo - Fly out to CF.

Chapman pinch hitting for Amick - Fly out to RF.

VOLS lead 13-0. End of 4th. Vols score 6 runs in the inning.

EK reliever #4 is at 12 pitches and 0 K's. EK pitchers have 3 K's on the day.
Appreciate you doing this recap. Well done!

UT and CFA arenโ€™t going to alter the pitching motion to the plate with runners on (I.e. no slide step), but instead have taught elite pickoff moves to compensate. Itโ€™s a beautiful thing to watch so many baserunners getting picked off first. ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

There's a newer square of turf around 1B. If they get their right foot either off of it or right on the edge, they're almost always dead meat. Its hilarious how easy it is to gauge with that little difference in the turf.

VN Store

Back